Full Stack Java Engineer at FloSports
FloSports (https://www.flosports.tv/) is a direct-to-consumer subscription-based sports media company that streams live events across 25 different sports (e.g. Wrestling, Cycling, Track and Field, Racing, Bowling, Marching Band, and more) to millions of athletes & fans around the world.
As an extraordinary Full-Stack Software Engineer on the new Trackwrestling team, you'll work alongside fellow engineers, product, and design to create compelling mobile-first web experiences welcoming in new customers and engaging our many loyal subscribers in helping them truly be there in the action. We are dedicated to continuously improving our apps, meet management, and metadata systems that serve our customers.
People who are successful on this team are self-motivated, team-minded engineers with passion and grit for both business and technological innovation. Our systems are built upon AWS & Google Cloud Platform with Java, Spring, TypeScript, Node.js, MySQL, Redis, Docker, and Kubernetes. The ability to embrace & adapt with changing technology is an important characteristic!
We are open to remote candidates for this role.
- Work closely with other engineers, product, qa, and infrastructure team to rapidly build, iterate, test, and deploy new and existing features, API services, and apps.
- Deliver maintainable and performant code across different areas of the business while staying on top of service performance monitoring, logging, and alerting.
- Participate in technical software requirements, systems architectural design and documentation, blameless post-mortems, road-map planning
- Advocate for and improve on project code quality, automated tests, CI/CD initiatives and the developer experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Computer Science degree or related technical discipline or equivalent experience (2+ years)
- Have proficiency designing and iterating on web services with Java, Spring, Node.js, MySQL, and Redis on AWS or GCP
- Expertise in delivering modern backend services at-scale for high-throughput applications utilizing MVC, RESTful APIs, and caching techniques
- Deliver performant features through an iterative approach: building, measuring, and learning
- Experience working with third-party API integrations
- A real passion for problem solving with strong analytical capabilities
- Desire to produce clear, maintainable, and testable code that teammates want to build upon
WHAT SETS YOU APART:
- Clear communicator of thoughts and ideas
- Live to create awesome features that grow our product and the sport
- Seek out others' opinions to further your growth
- Passionate about building effective customer experiences
- Knowledge of writing efficient SQL queries and indexing strategies.
- Experience with messaging services and notification services (PubSub, SQS, SNS, etc)
- Streaming video experience with HLS, container formats MP4 & TS, or codecs H.264
- Production knowledge of containers, Docker, and Kubernetes
WHO WE ARE:
Founded in 2006, FloSports is a venture-backed OTT subscription video streaming service dedicated to sports, offering live and on-demand access to hundreds of thousands of competition events across 25+ sports in the US and abroad. FloSports’ vision is to finally give underserved sports the love they deserve. With a growing library of more than 300,000 hours of premium content including news, expert commentary, films, documentaries and more, FloSports has established itself as an innovator and leader in sports streaming. Finally your sport has a home.
HOW WE DO IT:
We are the CEOs of our own work and are accountable for the tasks and responsibilities assigned to us. We take pride in creating the content that fans love. We row in the same direction and work together on our common vision. We build and strengthen our relationships through teamwork and respect. We embrace challenges, ask questions and are allowed to fail as long as we learn. We are passionate about building tribes and communities worth belonging to. We are innovative, curious, and have an appetite for making things better. Does this sound like you?
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
At FloSports, we are bonded by our passion for sports and our purpose to unite communities around experiences that finally give underserved sports the love they deserve. We recognize the need to build a company that seeks out, embraces, and celebrates our individual differences, ideas, and talent. FloSports is committed to the pursuit of a fair, equal and inclusive workplace where everyone is given the opportunity to grow to their fullest potential. As such, we are intentional in our hiring practices in an effort to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. FloSports has adopted the “blind recruiting” process, which aims to open this opportunity to more candidates, help us be more objective in how we review applicants and mitigate bias in our decision making processes.
- Recognized as one of 2020’s Top Workplaces by the Austin-American Statesman
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- Generous 401(K) company match
- Progressive parental leave policies
- Flexible paid vacation and work environment
- Free laundry service for all positions that require travel
- Company sponsorship donation to youth teams coached by our employees
- Bring your dog to work- everyday!
- Stocked snack bar, catered lunch and breakfast tacos every week
- Modern and collaborative office environment