Full-time/Contract Junior Developer
Who we are and what we are about
Drumroll is an engagement agency focused on turning often overlooked moments of a customer journey into meaningful connections, in memorable and measurable ways.
To deliver on that promise, we do things a little differently.
We don’t have dedicated strategists. Around here, creative ideas come from everywhere--even the account team. We collaborate, equally, with each other and our clients. We leave our egos at the door.
Who you are
Our Junior Developer is someone who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. This person will work with Developer Lead to carry out UI/UX designs and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
What you gotta know
- Building reusable code for future use
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Maintain a desire to learn new technologies and work to apply them in creative ways
- Develop product features and bug fixes while ensuring compatibility in all supported browsers
- Develop prototypes and proofs-of-concept as needed during the planning and design stages of projects
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- 1+ equivalent years of development experience
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient understanding of web markup (HTML4/HTML5, CSS2/CSS3, etc.)
- Proficient in cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Proficient in Accessibility, according to WCAG 2.0 guidelines
- Proficient with Email Development
- Knowledge of image authoring tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, Gimp, etc.)
- Knowledge in source control systems is a plus (Git, Subversion, etc.)
- Knowledge of Responsive Web Development is a plus
- Must have a sense of humor and the ability to handle oneself under pressure
- Strong organization skills
- You have an open mind and encourage new ideas from all sources
- You never miss an opportunity to learn something new
- Maintain daily time sheets
- Understand Drumroll process and contribute ideas for improvements
The role could be full-time or contract depending on the candidate and ongoing changing organizational needs.