At Whole Foods, the Retail Infrastructure Engineering team owns our Mobile Device Management solution, the mobile device hardware in the stores and the base Android OS on these devices. This means the Retail Engineering team works with internal development teams, the business and 3rd parties to plan, develop, build, test and deploy mobile devices and applications. These applications are used in our retail stores for customer facing and internal team member use. Whole Foods is seeking a team member with android and mobile device solutions engineering experience to become a key contributor and leader on the Retail Infrastructure Engineering team.
- Participate in the configuration and management of WFM’s Mobile Device Management platform (VMWare Workspace One)
- Provide technical expertise to development teams on supported android functionality on our chosen hardware platform (Honeywell, Zebra, Elo, others)
- Research new features and functionality requested by the business or development teams
- Actively participate in technical decisions about android and device architecture in order to provide a common solution across all devices and applications
- Work in conjunction with internal development teams, our wireless infrastructure teams, and the network teams on in store mobile device solutions that meet critical business needs
- Be a key interface with our hardware and MDM application partners for operational support, project planning and technical release planning within the WFM retail environment.
- Serve as liaison between app teams deploying functionality and our internal retail support teams on KBAs, policies and practices for the best team member support processes possible to achieve first call resolution of all end user issues
- Investigate and implement a devops type pipeline for code progression thru our multiple environments
- Investigate feasibility of new solutions for architecture compatibility within the existing store infrastructure environments
- Configure, implement, monitor and maintain development, test, and QA environments.
- Troubleshoot system malfunctions and/or other unsatisfactory occurrences and provide analysis and recommendations for resolution and prevention.
- Monitor and analyze system performance and provide recommendations for improvement, including system tuning and hardware integration.
- Work with our internal InfoSec and enterprise tech arch teams on device and user access best practices for our mobile environment
- 2 or more years of experience with a major Mobile Device Management solution supporting Android Devices (>5,000 devices)
- 1 years of experience developing android applications or similar experience supporting android developers sufficient to understand common SDKs and frameworks
- Experience creating support KBAs and sharing knowledge with support personnel and new team members
- Ability to work independently, within the context of the team framework, supporting multiple apps on the various device platforms
- Strong interdisciplinary problem-solving skills, demonstrated by frequent and successful application of technical standards, theories, concepts, and techniques
- Experience providing remote support and troubleshooting
- Retail experience highly preferable
- 4 year degree in Computer Science preferred
- PCI or SOX compliance experience helpful
- Splunk knowledge beneficial
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.