Favor’s mission is ‘Anything Delivered’. Our engineers make high-touch logistics happen. The Favor technology platform is the engine behind the business enabling millions of Favors. Our technology efficiently manages the real-time assignment of Runners to Favors, facilitates communication between customers, Runners, and support, keeps thousands of customer and Runner mobile applications in sync, and more.
Do you get a thrill when you make an impact on hundreds of thousands of users? Do you want to work for a purpose and value driven company in a high growth environment? Our engineers create the tools and applications necessary to connect our customers, Runners, merchants, and support teams. As an iOS Engineer at Favor you will be responsible for all phases of development, testing, and deployment of our native iOS applications. You will work closely with our product and operations teams to understand customer needs, build simple solutions to complex problems, and deliver delightful experiences to all our users.
At Favor, we are committed to building a world class team that shares a passion for modern, clean code and products that make a difference. We need engineers like you to help us achieve our mission of ‘Anything Delivered’.
- Performs self-directed research into programming practices and techniques
- Engage with senior engineers to code, maintain, test, and debug existing or new systems
- Participate in the planning and execution of development projects
- Partner with cross-functional technology teams to integrate solutions
Skills & Qualifications:
- 1 - 2 years of software engineering experience
- Ability to follow existing patterns and take technical direction to deliver work
- Some experience with one or more programming languages and an eagerness to learn new technologies and techniques
- Understands basics of algorithms and data structures
- Can enhance and extend existing components within a codebase
- Ability to make network calls to remote systems and process returned data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to extend and begin building upon existing application patterns for pages, components, and state
- Appreciate simple design
- Love to write clean, well tested code - test first or TDD approaches are a plus
- Enjoy working with other engineers in a collaborative and iterative environment
- Have experience in a high-growth startup
- Communicate well with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Have experience or familiarity with one or more of the following technologies: Objective-C, Swift
At Favor, we believe that to Run Texas, we need to represent Texas. By putting Community First, we honor the diversity of our backgrounds and experiences through sharing our unique voices. Our community grows when we challenge ourselves to learn and see the world from another’s view. We are committed to growing a team with different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.
Read Full Job Description