Junior Developer – Austin, TX
What we're looking for in a nutshell:
Amherst Technology Group is currently seeking a Junior Software Engineer to join our internal team to work on a variety of core projects in real estate, financial services and fixed income.
Who we are:
- An industry leading real estate and advisory firm with a 20 year proven track record of providing our clients with the analytics and intelligence to make smarter investment decisions through our proprietary platform.
- Our technology and analytics has allowed us to focus in enhancing our product while also embracing emerging technologies and developing new products for our clients.
- A fun, energetic and collaborative environment where there is no limit in upward career growth and professional development.
Who you are:
- An engineer with high energy, passion and hungry ambitious attitude with a thirst to learn and apply that knowledge on any and all projects assigned
- Quantitative and analytical thinker that is intellectually curious about technology and how systems work
- An outspoken, entrepreneurial and collaborative team player who enjoys problem solving
- You enjoy researching emerging technologies and willing to explore new languages
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment with agility to change directions quickly
What you will accomplish at Amherst:
- Gain valuable experience as a software engineer while learning from industry experts
- Being exposed to an industry leading data-driven analytics platform while working on emerging technologies
- Become an engineer for change while developing new and exciting products
- Challenge yourself personally and professionally
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer / Electrical Engineering, MIS, Math, Physics, or other related field
- Demonstrated 1-2 years of technical experience with scalable enterprise web applications using C#, .NET, WCF/WPF, SOAP or REST and API’s
- Demonstrated SQL knowledge and experience (SQL Server 2008/2012)
- Previous experience in mortgage industry, real estate or financial services
- Experience with large datasets, data modeling or data transformation
- Desire to learn and work on Microsoft Dynamics CRM platform.
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern workspace with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!