Lead Multiplayer Tools Developer at Unity
Game developers repeatedly say that multiplayer game creation remains one of their hardest challenges; balancing ease-of-use with performance and flexibility remains unsolved. As a result, we’ve seen far too little innovation in multiplayer games over the last decade, while creativity in single-player games has flourished.
We are looking for a Lead Tools Developer to help define and build the workflows Unity developers use to make multiplayer experiences. You will be given the freedom to drive large initiatives in this area aimed at improving everything from performance analysis to client/server developer iteration or even playtest coordination. Help us build a new suite of libraries and tools dedicated to creating a modern development experience tailored to multiplayer games.
- Hire a team of tools developers
- Help define the feature roadmap for multiplayer development in Unity
- Design and implement Unity Editor tools for network performance analysis
- Improve the developer experience for building and debugging client/server game architectures
- Collaborate with multiplayer SDK developers to understand and support their development
- Experience as a tools developer in a shipped game
- Familiar with UI/UX tooling best practices
- Understanding of modern game development workflows
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Experience with high performance programming, multi-threading, and memory management
- C# expertise
- Prior experience with the Unity engine
- Familiarity with multiplayer development concepts
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.