Lead Software Engineer (Risk Management Team) at BigCommerce
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast-growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores at a fraction of the cost to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2022 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a Lead Software Engineer as we work to improve the security posture for BigCommerce and its merchants. In this role, you’ll help empower merchants and partners to be able to interact with the BigCommerce platform in a safe and secure way. You will help direct a team of passionate engineers operating a critical infrastructure for the platform where security, performance, and stability are paramount for the company’s, and our merchants’, ongoing success.
To be considered, applicants must be based in the United States.
What you’ll do:
- Build highly available, redundant, and scalable distributed systems
- Write code that is performant, maintainable, clear, and concise
- Work closely with operations while building and scaling back-end services
- Introduce and support event-driven architectures
- Collaborate with product and design to support optimal user experiences
- Participate in code reviews to maintain and improve quality
- Build new features with a focus on extensibility, quality, and security
- Contribute to the growth of those around you through effective mentorship
What you may have:
- BS/MS in CS, CE, SEW, EE or MIS, or equivalent experience
- Willingness to dive into unfamiliar programming languages
- Passion for building well-defined and performant APIs
- Think iteratively by breaking down problems into smaller, deliverable / deployable pieces
- Knowledge of gRPC, RabbitMQ, and familiarity with caching solutions
- Experience with Cloud Computing such as Google Cloud Platform is highly desirable
- Knowledge of functional programming paradigm with reactive design patterns
- Experience in highly scalable service-oriented architectures
- Solid UNIX knowledge
Hybrid: “Flexible work from home options available” for those wanting an office environment. Available in Austin, Texas, or 100% remote in the U.S.
Our Hiring Processes Might Include
We want to see your problem-solving and analytical skills. Be prepared to write good, clean, scalable code. You don’t need to know our entire stack, but we’re looking for practical experience, someone who can tackle production problems in the cloud.
- Recruiter Phone Screen
- Hiring Manager Screening
- Online Code Assessment
- Final Team Interview
- Note: Visa Work Authorization Sponsorship Supported and Relocation Assistance Provided
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.