Lead Software Engineer
What We Do
At Zeconomy, we are building a microeconomic platform that enables businesses to unlock billions in liquidity and new credit. At its core, our patented technology is driven by smart algorithms, scalability, design and usability centered around end-user businesses.
Our goal is to empower business growth by providing them with the financial resources they need. This applies to every size business, from small businesses to global enterprises.
We have attracted a number of marquee POC clients and world renowned global financial institutions as partners and are beginning to ramp up the management team to handle the increased client demands.
We are seeking a Lead Engineer to lead programming efforts and an engineering team.
The Lead Engineer is a hands-on role and is responsible for analyzing user specifications and requirements and providing assistance in coding, testing and debugging applications.
The candidate is expected to provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new software projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing applications.
The candidate will also be required to code, conduct code reviews, and test software as needed, along with participating in application architecture and design and other phases of the SDLC.
The candidate may also be called on to provide technical, troubleshooting and design guidance to other application development teams.
The candidate should be flexible, highly adaptable and excellent team player. The candidate should expect to work in a global virtual team, sometimes across multiple time zones. The candidate may be assigned to more than one role or project at a time.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated team player committed to delivering on time and should be able to work with under supervision.
Zeconomy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Lead efforts to continually develop, improve, refine and extend a complex financial application.
- Execute code reviews for our core ETL processes, enterprise data warehouse, and reporting tools.
- Collaborate with product teams to understand and translate requirements, ensuring specifications and architecture design meet broader technical strategic goals.
- Collaborate with existing team members throughout the development process in ensuring best practices and designing scalable analytics infrastructure and data transformation/aggregation processes.
- Assess and advise possible improvements that and keep abreast of new and emerging technologies that would enable us to continue to build advanced analytics, reporting, and data science platforms.
- Provide expert application design guidance on solution system designs, redesigns for platform, performance, and integration of new technical features and capabilities.
- Meet/Ensure that deadlines are met, and team members are held accountable within an Agile development environment.
- BS in Computer Science, Math or a related technical field.
- +7 years of software development and architecture experience.
- Direct experience working in a startup and Agile development environment.
- Experience acting as a technical lead, ability to mentor and lead other software engineers.
- Strong experience building and operating large scale, high transaction systems. especially developing using cloud native capabilities, e.g. AWS Lambda, Azure Function.
- A strong technical foundation in ETL processes, data architecture and data warehousing concepts and modeling.
- Experience working on and with relational databases, SQL as well as direct production experience NoSQL data stores and Graph DB architectures (Titan DB, Spark, Hadoop, MongoDB).
- Experience working with Docker, Vagrant, Ansible.
- Experience with Redis a plus.
- Substantial experience in working with Big Data technologies including Hadoop, Cascading, and Spark, preferably in a cloud environment.
- Significant programming experience with an emphasis on Python and Java.
- Solid understanding of web programming languages.
- Experience in business continuity and disaster management and recovery.
- Have knowledge of security standards such as SOC-2 and related best practices.
- High intuitive capacity and ability to deal with ambiguous data and information.