Lead Software Engineer at Kazoo
Kazoo is an all-in-one Employee Experience platform that combines recognition, performance, and engagement in one powerful solution. By bringing together Real-time Recognition & Rewards, Continuous Performance Management, and Employee Engagement Surveys, Kazoo’s employee-first solution enables companies to build purpose-driven cultures while increasing productivity, retention, and revenue. With over 600 global customers, the Kazoo platform puts actionable analytics in the hands of business leaders, connecting them to what really matters.
Overview of the role:
We’re looking for a full-time Lead Software Engineer with a passion for collaboration, problem-solving, and software development to join our growing team. As Lead Engineer, you’ll be responsible for designing, building, and deploying features while leading and mentoring the members of the engineering team. You’ll be working with Node, Typescript, React, GraphQL, MongoDB, Postgres, and other modern technologies.
What you'll do:
- Lead the engineering team as they design, build, and deploy scalable web applications
- Mentor team members and champion engineering best practices
- Write maintainable, extensible, performance-minded code (full stack)
- Write reliable tests, review others’ code
- Influence our product’s direction with your ideas and technical expertise
- Support our customers by understanding their needs and improving our platform to meet them
What you’ll need to be successful:
- A strong desire to innovate, experiment, collaborate and learn
- Ability to lead technical projects and communicate technical problems concisely
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High standards for quality and attention to detail
- Minimum 7 years of application development experience required
- Strong knowledge of Node and Typescript
- Extensive front-end framework experience (React)
- Experience with relational and non-relational data stores such as Postgres and MongoDB
- Experience with AWS, GCP, Heroku
- Advocate for modern software engineering practices such as CI/CD, unit testing, and automated deployments
- In-depth understanding of web app scalability
- A proven track record developing production applications
- Experience with agile software development processes such as scrum
- Experience in Ruby on Rails is a bonus
- Experience in both creating and consuming GraphQL APIs is a bonus
When you work at Kazoo, we provide competitive benefits to make your life better both in and out of the office, which include: health, dental and vision insurance; open vacation policy; flexible wfh policy; 11 paid holidays; 401k program; Stocked kitchen; Mac Laptop; Transportation/Parking Stipend; Generous Parental Leave; Fertility benefits; Breast milk delivery; EAP & more!
At Kazoo, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to how we grow and operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices. Kazoo commits to promote and recognize principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in relation to, and across, intersections of race, age, color, disability, faith, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, social class, economic class, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, and all other identities represented among our diverse membership.
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Kazoo is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.