“Making Healthcare Right. Together.” is the cornerstone of all we do. Our vision is to deliver the best healthcare experience by putting brilliant minds, empathetic hearts and personalized technology to work to create meaningful relationships between our members and Care Partners. To successfully achieve our mission and vision as we operate in a dynamic health care environment, we expect Bright People to embody and uphold our core values in work and interactions, both internal and external: Be Purposeful, Be Authentic, Be Brave, Be Positive, Be Respectful, and Be Accountable.
As our Lead Software Testing Engineer, you will play an instrumental role in our teams by planning, developing and executing manual & automation testing of web and server-side applications. You'll use your knowledge of testing and testability to influence better software design, promote proper engineering practice, bug prevention strategies, testability, privacy, and other advanced quality concepts across products.
You'll also work with the broader engineering team to create test plans for existing and new functionalities and collaborate with members of our product and engineering teams to ensure all services are having a comprehensive automation testing coverage.
You'll be the quality gatekeeper to ensure a high quality of releases and adhere to best practices for testing and designing reusable code!
- Collaborate directly with teammates to define and implement a variety of software testing
- Contribute across the complete development lifecycle, including technical design, work estimation, implementation of new features, and addressing feedback or bugs
- Lead and contribute to continually improve the team's productivity, culture, and code quality
- Peer review team member's code and provide constructive feedback to improve quality
- Create documentation and processes as needed to improve team productivity and transparency
- As needed, provide complex automation testing services to multiple projects
- Mentor and be able to direct activities of Engineers
- Provide test engineering guidance and direction to employees and consultants
- Coordinate multiple projects and guides project team members with internal and external interfaces, particularly for more complex testing situations
TECHNOLOGIES WE USE
- Git & GitHub
- C# & .NET
- Selenium & Playwright
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- 7+ years experience in full stack software development
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or similar strongly preferred
- Demonstrated programming skills in C#
- Experience with Selenium and/or Playwright testing tools
- Experience with JMeter or Locust performance testing tools
- In-depth understanding of web and APIs testing methodologies
- Hands-on experience testing systems or apps that have significant client-server communication
- Good knowledge of APIs test automation techniques
- Experience building mock and stub services to simulate server response
- Experience writing test cases and test plans based on new feature requirements
- Strong communication skills to effectively work with multiple development teams
- You have a growth mindset and help to lift others up
- You employ sound engineering principles in your day-to-day work
- You take pride in your work
- You love learning, and you love teaching
- You are self-organized and manage time and resources well
- You can work independently, but also communicate within a team
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work, Modern Healthcare, Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
Check out this great video showcasing just some of the fantastic Technology Team broadcasting from our ATX office!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.