What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Manager, Site Reliability Engineering to Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As Manager, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) at Procore, you’re given the unique opportunity to drive the next generation of application platform initiatives in a global SaaS infrastructure. Backed by the might of our teams, we’ll provide you with the tools and resources needed to achieve extraordinary results that render a significant impact extending beyond the boundaries of traditional engineering roles.
This position will report to our Director of Site Reliability Engineering with the opportunity to be located in our Carpinteria, CA headquarters, New York City, or Austin, TX office. Remote candidates will be considered based on experience with the expectation of occasional travel to these offices. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Drive excellence and product quality through a software-defined approach to operations and infrastructure with a focus on security, resiliency, scale, observability, and performance
- Identify opportunities for differentiating open-source initiatives and lead the development of new open-source SRE/Infrastructure platform tools (e.g., Envoy, Helm)
- Work side-by-side with product development teams and SREs to automate and mass-rollout new standardized service platforms for product code
- Own the end-to-end configuration, technical dependencies, and overall success of the SaaS environment leading the improvement of functionality testing, operability, deployment, and performance
- Educate and drive global adoption of automation and orchestration principles, and create an eagerness to automate, wherever and whenever the possibility arises
- Ensure that new and existing products have clearly defined SLI, SLOs, and SLAs and that we’re measuring and reporting on those metrics
- Partner with peers and SRE leadership to help set team level goals, objectives, and overall strategies and provide unwavering support for Software/SDET Engineers on SaaS projects through collaboration and leading reviews of processes and architecture design
- Mentor and coach junior SREs, and be a driver for change and DevOps adoption across the broader organization
What we're looking for:
- BS or MS degree in Management Information Systems or a related discipline
- 8+ years combined experience as a Software Engineer or DevOps Engineer/SRE with 4+ years experience managing teams of varying sizes and timezones
- Demonstrated experience leading/contributing significantly to an open-source infrastructure/application platform initiative a big plus (e.g., Kubernetes/Istio/etc. upstream commits)
- Expert with AWS services (certified SysOps Administrator or Solutions Architect preferred)
- Experience leading large initiatives with the ability to course-correct as needed and evaluate current technical approaches to continue to be industry best-of-class
- Experience working with teams, providing mentorship and guidance to improve the overall reliability of the ecosystem
- Experience using the following tools is desirable:
- AWS RDS and orchestration tools
- Linux experience related to large Databases, ie; THP experience
- Hashicorp Technologies (Consul, Terraform, Vault, Packer)
- Containers and Container Management (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Config Management (Puppet, Ansible, Salt)
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, flexible paid time off (Procore Values Time), employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.