Manager, Software Development at Blackbaud
At Blackbaud, we’re here to help good take over. We lead uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, providing cloud software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to drive impact for social good. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, higher education institutions, K-12 schools, healthcare organizations, faith communities, arts and cultural organizations, foundations, companies, and the individual change agents who support them. With millions of users in 100+ countries, our vision is to power an Ecosystem of Good® that builds a better world. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them raise resources, deliver programs, manage operations, and understand their outcomes.
About the role:
This highly motivated candidate will manage a team of full stack software engineers embedded on small teams that develop, test, deploy and support Blackbaud’s products and services. They will work with the teams in establishing and adhering to engineering best practices, identifying critical gaps, creating and owning strategic projects, and empowering teams. This individual will act in a servant leader role and be an agent of innovation while inspiring those around them. They will also set goals, coach others on best practices and processes and help develop other teams’ members.
- Work in agile development environment with a team of highly motivated employees.
- Identify, evaluate and recommend external tools or partners.
- Work to establish engineering strategies with a focus on quality.
- Coach and mentor team members on career growth, improving engagement and employee satisfaction.
- Participate in hiring and team composition planning.
- Manage and lead strategic projects to holistically improve aspects of SDLC such as quality or performance.
- Evaluate team members performance including performance reviews, and assist in skill development of team members.
- Identify gaps in processes or skillsets and enact strategies for short and long-term mitigation.
- Work closely with the software engineers to ensure timely, successful, high quality releases.
- Participate in feature reviews with product owners, designers, and software engineers.
- Identify and recommend new and optimal strategies and techniques, and implement team goals and reporting metrics
- Actively work alongside Product and Program Management partners to manage and prioritize engineering initiatives, infrastructure changes, maintenance, and new feature requests
- Actively collaborate with other Engineering leaders across Blackbaud for architecture, process and additional SDLC improvements
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing software engineering teams
- Strong logical and problem-solving skills
- Superior and proven attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have excellent teamwork and independent decision-making skills
- Experience in Agile development preferred
- Experience with Azure a plus
Why you'll want to come work here:
- Our benefits are unmatched. Not only do we offer competitive salaries, 4 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and 401K match, we also provide endless community involvement opportunities to encourage our employees to give back, through our CSR programs like gift matching and volunteer for vacation.
- Blackbaud has been named to Forbes America's Best Employers for Diversity 2019, Forbes America’s Best Midsize Employer 2019, and AnitaB.org's Top Companies for Women Technologists 2018, we are rapidly growing and offer incredible opportunity for career advancement!
- We understand that people thrive in a culture focused on teamwork and purpose. That's why Blackbaud offers a tremendous company culture, encouraging open, collaborative working environments in all of our offices around the world, including; North America, Australia, the United Kingdom and Costa Rica.
- We have proven that we are one of the best technology companies to work for. Blackbaud has been ranked Best Technology Company in Charleston, SC for the fourth year in a row, and ranked by BuiltIn Austin as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX.
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.