Please Note: US citizenship or permanent residency is required for this position.
CesiumAstro is a rapidly growing space technology startup in Austin, Texas, developing out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. Our approach is unique, and our team is changing the world of space communications. Learn more about our company at https://www.cesiumastro.com.
We are looking to add a Manufacturing Engineer to our team. If you are great at what you do, enjoy working in a startup environment, and are passionate about developing leading-edge hardware for satellites, spacecraft, and aerospace systems, we would like to hear from you.
Core job functions will include product production and industrialization, supplier management, configuration management, and process documentation. We are a small company, and as such, specific project assignments and job functions will vary by candidate interests and skills.
The successful candidate will work closely with design team members, program management, and external contract manufacturers to industrialize products for on-time delivery to customers. This includes writing technical instructions, maintaining product configuration, and managing internally/externally driven change. Additionally, this candidate will document and streamline processes to support quality continuous improvement initiatives. As such, excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
Successful candidates will require, as a minimum:
- Bachelor of Science (BS) or Master of Science (MS) degree in Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and other related Engineering Majors from an accredited university or institution.
- Familiarity with electronics hardware design and PCBA manufacturing.
- Experience interfacing with and managing suppliers/contract manufacturers (EMS).
- Experience with configuration and change management.
- Proficiency in ERP and PLM systems.
- Proficiency in root cause/corrective action.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred experience includes:
- Aerospace industry/internship experience.
- Proficiency in AS9100/ISO9001 quality management system requirements.
- Experience in auditing internal and external entities.
- Proficiency in lean manufacturing methodologies.
We provide a generous benefits and stock option package to all our employees.
CesiumAstro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.