Job Description Summary
The Software Developer, creates new products as well as maintains existing products as part of an n-tier architecture system using HTML5, Angular 2, TypeScript, C#, .NET, Web Services, MS SQL 2008 R2 or later, and , and Visual Studio 2012/2015. Administration of product data integration and develop products from concept through code development and product launch. Ability to follow architectural product design and delivery as directed to achieve optimal product performance and maintainability.
- Utilizes sound knowledge of OOD principles in developing robust solutions
- Designs and develops interface programs and performs unit and integration testing of software business units
- Administration and coordination of user interface design
- Analyzes current and continuing information system requirements
- Develop SQL queries to extract, manipulate, and/or calculate information to fulfill data and application requirements
- Programs and optimizes database stored procedures, functions, tables, and views
- Document the code such that the function of the code is clear
- Administration and coordination of web services, FTP, and B2B data integration
- Conduct technical research as necessary to develop and refine product concept
- Investigate new technologies as necessary to enhance or develop products
- Keep up-to-date with programming technical developments and capabilities
- Provide technical assistance for internal and external customers as needed
- Follow product architecture guidelines to deliver optimal product performance and maintainability
- Other duties as required or assigned by company management
- Minimum 1-3 years of progressively responsible related technical experience in object-oriented software development is required.
- Knowledge and experience in software development and relational database management systems to include HTML 5, Angular 2, TypeScript, is required.
- Knowledge and experience in C#, .NET, Web Services, and MS SQL 2008 R2 or later, and Visual Studio 2012/2015 is preferred.
- Familiar with security requirements, service oriented architecture and design patterns is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills is required.
- Must be detail oriented, self-starter, with ability to manage shifting priorities is required.
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized.
- Quickly acquire and adapt new skills in a fast-paced, cooperative team environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively handle change
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementing skills which allow the successful completion of project milestones by a specific due date
Why Choose CCC:
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs, competitive medical benefit offerings
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, Perkspot/employee discount program and potentially flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
Please Note: Contingent Workers, Field Inventory Representatives and Interns are not eligible for the benefits above.
CCC Information Services was recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-Sized Employers in 2018 and ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago.