Are you passionate about managing teams that build, own, and operate massively scalable systems? Do you have experience in building new teams and managing existing teams? The $10 trillion Global Healthcare sector has been unable to balance the needs of accessibility, quality, and affordability. Babylon has created a scalable, digital-first, value-based care model - delivering best-in-class accessibility, quality, and affordability results. We are creating a data-centric, predictive digital platform that will allow most patients to self-manage their everyday needs. The opportunities at Babylon Health are huge, and the impact is massive. If you consider yourself a strong, passionate technologist - this opportunity is tailored for you.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Babylon Health is building a world-class enterprise API platform for use by its developer community using a mix of best-of-breed solutions and custom development as required. Internal users will rely on the API platform to take a “Design First”, self-service approach to creating API contracts using the latest API technologies such as GraphQL, OAS3, and JSON Schema which then will drive the rest of the process and toolchain to accelerate and automate the creation of mocking, testing, and documentation services for Babylon’s API estate. The goal is for developers to be able to rely on the Babylon API “platform aaS” to help them achieve their deliverables with minimum toil. In addition, Babylon’s API “platform aaS” will deliver a collaborative governance framework for allowing all of the cross-cutting teams to ensure that the APIs are consistent, secure, compliant, and performant throughout the API lifecycle.
THREE REASONS WHY TO APPLY
- Working on technology to disrupt the entire Health Care Industry. Similar to the Fintech revolution, Babylon Health is using AI/ML & leveraging a modern technology stack to re-invent the patient interaction & experience to stay healthy. We are embracing an API Design First approach using the latest API standards such as Federated GraphQL and OAS3, to create a worldwide distributed solution.
- Ability to work on a strategic role in the company. The open API will connect all of our disruptive technologies ( personal health graph, patient graph, & Triage) to allow us to spin up new experiences for our B2B partners globally within days.
- You will be working on the PaaS technology that will enable Babylon Health’s high revenue growth trajectory towards a multi-billion dollar company.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Responsible for overall platform architecture, scalability, reliability, performance, and maintainability - as well as testability
- Facilitate and foster collaboration across Babylon technical teams with the goal of enabling fast delivery of value
- Mentor and develop engineers with a raise the bar mindset - champion of engineering principles outlined for Babylonian engineering teams
- Develop and drive key engineering, product, and business KPIs - and continually improve designs, services, processes, and tools that will drive business outcomes
- A hands-on contributor and a technically fearless leader - owning your own contributions and leading by example
- Significant experience with microservices, API development ideally using GraphQL federation - as well as TypeScript, OIDC, Cloud native and Kubernetes.
- Drive efficient, effective, and timely decision-making - continuous iteration to get things right but always accelerating and moving forward
- Have a willingness to bring clarity to complex environments and demonstrate smart ways to simplify using a customer-centric / business-centric approach
- Respect what came before and appreciate the value of a working system - and contributes in a transparent, collaborative, and inclusive way willing to appropriately challenge and drive for alignment
- Strong technical leader with excellent verbal and written communication skills - and the ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical
WHAT WE OFFER
Whether you work in one of our amazing offices or a distributed team, Babylon is highly collaborative and fun! You’ll have a chance to work in a fast-paced environment with experienced industry leaders. We have a learning environment where you can make an impact.
WHO WE ARE
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant. To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us. We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
DIVERSITY AT BABYLON
We believe that difference inspires a better, healthier world. That’s why it’s at the heart of everything we do. From our people to our products, difference enriches every part of our business and creates a culture based on equality of opportunity, and in which all Babylonians can progress their careers. We’re committed to creating an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, pregnancy status, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Read Full Job Description