Please Note: US citizenship or permanent residency is required for this position.
At CesiumAstro, we are developers and pioneers of out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. We take pride in our dynamic and cross-functional work environment, which allows us to learn, develop, and engage across our organization. If you are looking for hands-on, interactive, and autonomous work, CesiumAstro is the place for you. We are actively seeking passionate, collaborative, energetic, and forward-thinking individuals to join our team. Learn more about our company at https://www.cesiumastro.com.
We are looking to add a Principal Mechanical Design Engineer to our team. If you are great at what you do, enjoy working in a startup environment, and are passionate about developing leading-edge hardware for satellites, spacecraft, and aerospace systems, we would like to hear from you.
In this position, you will be responsible for the mechanical design of Cesium products through all phases of the development process. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in electronics packaging design, mechanical simulations and analyses, computer-aided design (CAD), spacecraft mechanical interfaces, and environmental qualification of electronic assemblies.
As a senior mechanical team member, you will be responsible for mechanical designs from initial concept design through requirements definition, detailed design, simulation, analysis, manufacturing, testing, qualification, and in-orbit support of Cesium's products. Required skills and experience include thermal management design, precision machining principles, thermal simulation and analysis, shock and vibration simulation and analysis, electromagnetic interference/compatibility (EMI/EMC) mitigation techniques, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T), finite element analysis (FEA), and cost analysis to develop, validate, and optimize mechanical designs. Principal engineers also serve as technical and professional mentors in their field.
The successful candidate will also present engineering design review materials to our customers and executive team, as well as participate in proposal-writing efforts. As such, excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
Successful candidates will require, as a minimum:
- Bachelor of Science (BS) or Master of Science (MS) degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited university or institution.
- Minimum of 7 years of industry experience in design and analysis of electronics packaging, including thermal, vibration, and stress dynamics.
- Expertise in aerospace industry design, development, and qualification.
- Expert-level proficiency with electronics assemblies and experience working closely with electrical engineers.
- Expert-level proficiency with professional mechanical and FEA CAD tools, such as Solidworks Simulation.
- Experience with CNC manufacturing.
- Experience with EMI/EMC mitigation techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
We provide generous benefits and stock option packages to all our employees.
CesiumAstro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.