The Core Business team at RetailMeNot is responsible for the flagship www.retailmenot.com consumer website across the desktop, tablet, and mobile platforms. We help over 40MM visitors per month save money and discover great deals at their favorite retailers.
Are you someone that loves solving real user problems, building robust systems, and delivering compelling user experiences? Do you want to work on applications that help people in their everyday lives? If so, we need skilled engineers to join our team. We're looking for someone to continue evolving the architecture of our platform, advancing our already diverse technology stack.
We are constantly evolving both the software and the teams that deliver it. If you’re someone who enjoys taking on new challenges, working in a rapidly changing environment, learning new skills, and applying it all to solve large and impactful business problems, then we want you to be a part of the team.
Who You Are
- You have a Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent STEM field.
- You have 10+ years of experience developing services and other web technologies.
- React, GraphQL expertise preferred.
- You take pride in mentoring junior and other senior engineers and consider the progress of your team members a key indicator of your performance.
- A strong desire to learn new technologies and methods, staying up to date on modern frameworks and libraries.
- You love solving big problems at scale.
- You collaborate with others to deliver successful solutions.
- You have made mistakes along the way, but you learned from them.
- You bring a deep understanding and application of computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, and design patterns.
- You don't limit yourself to one end of the development stack.
What You'll Do
- You will participate in the overall system design and architecture.
- You will recommend technologies and tools that best fit the team and organization.
- You will contribute to our microservice architecture by developing self-contained, containerized backend services.
- You will be a mentor to team members.
- You will advocate to continually improve quality and engineering practices.
Who We Are
- We believe our technologists should make technology decisions. We give engineers a great deal of freedom to make technical choices and to collaboratively define our technical roadmap.
- We believe the role of engineering leadership is to create and maintain an organization that empowers engineers to thrive and build efficiently
- We devote a ton of effort and resources to hiring and retaining a team of excellent engineers because we believe that extraordinary engineers are happiest when they have a supportive and equally exceptional team helping them to succeed and grow.
- We are a polyglot company that utilizes dynamic and static languages, some functional, and others object oriented.
- We use the newest service offerings of public cloud providers, as well as important open source technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
We offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that eagerly pursues disruption in its space to continue to drive innovation and lead the competition. Benefits of being an employee of RetailMeNot, Inc. include, but are not limited to the following:
- Competitive base & bonus packages; salary negotiable
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- Performance based rewards & recognition for your hard work and service
- Very competitive benefits packages, including best-in-class parental leave
- Open & flexible PTO
- Cell phone & gym membership reimbursements
*Some rewards do not apply to contract workers or interns.
RetailMeNot, Inc. is a leading savings destination bringing people and the things they love
together through savings with retailers, brands, restaurants and pharmacies. RetailMeNot
makes everyday life more affordable through online and in-store coupon codes, cash back
offers, and the RetailMeNot Deal Finder™ browser extension. Savings are also provided in
consumers’ mailboxes through the RetailMeNot Everyday™ direct mail package, and at the
pharmacy with RxSaver by RetailMeNot.
RetailMeNot is a Vericast business. To learn more, visit http://www.retailmenot.com/corp or
follow @RetailMeNot on social media.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
At RetailMeNot we celebrate difference. We are committed to ensuring an environment of mutual respect for every employee and proud to be an an equal employment opportunity employer who does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We believe a diverse and inclusive workplace is central to our success and actively seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse pool of candidates. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us align with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.