Principal Software Quality Assurance Engineer Lead at Whole Foods Market (Austin, TX)
Whole Foods Market attracts people who are passionate about great food, about the communities they live and work in, about how we treat our planet and our fellow humans, and who wants to bring their passion into the workplace and make a difference.
: The Principal Software Quality Assurance Engineer Lead will be responsible for leading all manual QA activities, ensuring that assigned systems are of the highest quality. In particular, this role is responsible for all manual testing of our Enterprise Back Office systems, including HCM, Financials, Procurement, Timekeeping and Workforce Management, Real Estate and Store Development, and Legal. Additionally, the Principal Software QA Engineer Lead will have both direct reports and a matrixed reporting model.
This role will also partner with leaders of engineering teams and the Quality Assurance Senior Manager to develop comprehensive testing strategies, crossing all Enterprise Back Office solutions.
- Manage all phases of testing, including end to end testing, system integration testing, and user acceptance testing.
- Ensure testing activities for projects remain on schedule and are completed with the highest quality and customer satisfaction.
- Work closely with application architects, engineers, business partners, project management and product management to develop comprehensive test strategies and test plans to ensure systems are of the highest quality.
- Design, write, and execute manual software QA validation test scripts.
- Ensure the proper management of all test data for the team’s testing activities, in compliance with data security and data privacy policies.
- Ensure test results are thoroughly and accurately documented.
- Manage defect lifecycle with engineering team and ensure resolution to meet project schedules.
- Effectively communicate obstacles and blocked tasks to QA Senior Manager and project teams.
- Ensure timely publication and thoroughness of test status reports.
- Mentor and train QA manual testers.
- Demonstrate knowledge and respect of Whole Foods Market’s Core Values and Leadership Principles through leadership style.
- 3-5 years of experience working with Enterprise Back Office Systems.
- 3-5 years of experience managing projects of medium to large complexity.
- 1-3 years of experience developing test strategies and test plans for SaaS solutions.
- 1-3 years of demonstrated testing leadership experience.
- Experience working with JIRA, qTest and Smartsheet for test case management.
- Excellent attention to detail and demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously.
- Hands-on testing experience in both web applications and back-end services, including functional API testing, integration testing, UI functionality, and usability testing.
- Superior written and oral communication skills with demonstrated ability to present complex technical information in a clear manner to technology and business stakeholders.
- Possess great problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to build and maintain strong IT relationships across teams.
- Exhibit the flexibility necessary to effectively manage change and thrive in an evolving organization.
- Ability to balance work between immediate demands and long-term objectives.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.