Responsibility as a QA Engineer:
Reporting to the Director of Quality Assurance, you will be responsible for working with the Clarifi product application teams to test new features per requirements, identify bugs, and develop automated tests. Participate in an Agile Scrum process for work estimation, collaboration, daily standups, and feature demos.
You thrive in a team atmosphere. You believe in Agile development and continuous delivery. You’re a self-motivated and intellectually curious engineer with superb problem solving and analytical skills. You have a willingness to learn, adapt, teach, and pitch in wherever possible to help your customers. You are great at multitasking, time management, and understanding the product and feature set from the client's point of view. You are incredibly detail-oriented.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong knowledge of Application functional, integration and system testing.
- Testing Software in a web-based / SaaS application environment, including requirements review, test planning, and automating tests.
- Testing web services using tools like SoapUI or Postman.
- Writing automated tests. We use Selenium WebDriver, but similar experience plus willingness to learn is fine
- Programming proficiency in at least one language. We use Node.js, but experience in another language plus willingness to learn Node.js works too.
- Improving existing automated tests and addressing sporadic failures
- Tracking down possible bugs caught by automated tests
- Manage work tasks within an Agile framework, navigating JIRA workflows and completing sprinted tickets.
Helpful Skills and Experience:
- Experience with some of the tools we use: JIRA, Jenkins, Logz.io, and qTest.
- Experience testing (manual and automated) native Android and iOS mobile apps.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Only Austin based candidates will be considered.
- Must be able to work in the US without visa sponsorship.