Quality Assurance Engineer
Quality Assurance EngineerABOUT US
Shipwell believes we are fundamentally changing the logistics industry and breaking the mold for how the supply chain has been operated for centuries. We work with thousands of shippers and carriers to create the first real solution in logistics through an unmatched technology platform that enables everyone to ship like Amazon. With a fast-paced and gritty startup mentally, which is generating a buzz in the investment world, Shipwell provides a unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a future Fortune 500 Company. We are backed by some of the best investors in both Silicon Valley and Austin who believe we are onto something and we need the right people to continue our rapid growth plan towards changing the world of freight.
Quality Assurance Engineer
The Quality Assurance role provides you with a unique opportunity to join a high growth, third-party logistics company as they pivot into a record-breaking 3rd year. Shipwell is seeking someone who is a critical thinker and understands product workflows and how users typically interact with applications. We’re laying the foundation on which our industry will be reinvented; we’re looking for individuals who want to part of a significant change. Ideas come from being an innovator and an amplifier, that strives to achieve more, for themselves and to enable greatness in others.
WHAT YOU WILL DO WHEN YOU GET HERE
- Collaborate with the Engineering team to understand requirements and ensure those requirements are met
- Implement processes that drive predictable, high-quality delivery, ensuring a high-quality experience for customers
- Ensure bug-free and high quality output from engineers
- Provide test plans to the product team
- Be a proactive member of the team who finds issues before customers
- Manage customer issues and ensure proper solutions are implemented
- Work with product and go-to-market teams for deployment and development timelines
- Promote a culture of innovation, collaboration, and customer-facing experimentation
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE
- 2+ years of manual testing
- Understanding of basic product lifecycle
- Experience working with an engineering team
- Experience in writing test plans
- Knowledge around automated testing
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Familiarity with principles of good UX, UI and design-centric thinking
- Corporate headquarters in sunny Austin, TX
- Incredible growth opportunity at one of the fastest growing companies in Austin
- The kitchen is fully stocked with local coffee, drinks, and snacks
- Company sponsored healthcare insurance and dental insurance
- Team building events and office competitions
- Partial cell phone reimbursement
- Receive an elite technology package to include a brand new MacBook Pro!
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to put your thumbprint on a high-growth company in the early stages
- An open work environment where everyone, even the new folks, have a voice
Shipwell is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Shipwell, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight. We have pledged to create a diverse and culturally strong company and environment.