Quality Engineer – Austin, TX
Amherst is looking for a proven QA Engineer with strong programming fundamentals and a sharp eye for details. We are interested in finding a QA engineer who is a self-starter, with a proven track record to execute at a high level. Join a team of QA engineers and developers striving to create the next wave of real estate tech.
WHO WE ARE
Amherst is a financial services and technology company empowering global investors to access the U.S. real estate market with unparalleled ease and scale.
Our technology platform manages thousands of homes and billions of dollars of investment capital. The data and software required to handle such an operation is diverse. We build data infrastructure and tools to buy, renovate, and manage homes at scale. We build consumer brands and apps to lease and sell homes direct-to-consumer. We design, prototype, and roll-out IoT devices and smart home tech to help physically manage and solve important business operations.
Amherst employs a wide variety of tech to drive innovation in U.S. residential real estate. We are building RESTful microservices on serverless cloud infrastructures. Our tools and websites are built with React.js, Next.js, Material UI, and .NET. We build native and React Native iOS and Android apps. Our BI and data teams are using Hadoop, Hive, and Presto to create the data sets that power the business.
Most importantly, Amherst has a strong, tech-friendly culture. We are looking for QA Engineers who are scrappy and fast, who focus on solutions not problems, and who aren’t afraid of a tough deadline. We want people who have a high bar and love being part of a great team.
WHO YOU ARE
- A Real Pro. Testing and logical thinking is your thing!
- A Creative Thinker. You have a serious passion for producing beautiful, well-tested products.
- Hard Working. You aren’t afraid of a tough deadline.
- Meticulous. You take pride in your work.
- Knowledgeable. You deeply understand testing technology intimately.
- Team Player. You put team success first and have a high degree of personal character.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Ship high-quality applications across multiple platforms
- Write automation tests to improve overall code coverage and quality
- Work cross-functionally with other members of the Engineering Team
- Problem-solve with engineers and product members on new features
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- 5+ years of experience in Quality Engineering
- Quality communication and organization skills
- Strong analysis and problem-solving techniques
- A collaborative mindset and the ability to work in an agile or related development methodology
- High attention to details, edge cases, and hard to find scenarios
- Familiarity with agile development or related development methodology
- Ability to scope and prioritize testing responsibilities
- Experience with automation is a plus
- Competitive salaries
- Flexible vacation days, paid holidays, and work from home options
- Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life, EAP, and 401K with matching benefits
- Stellar colleagues with proven track records
- Free sodas, kombucha, cold brew, beer, and healthy and unhealthy snacks at our Barton Springs WeWork location
- Free lunch every day and breakfast tacos on Thursdays!
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.