Quality Engineer at Hyliion
Hyliion is seeking a highly motivated and technically capable Quality Engineer to join our team in Cedar Park, TX. The Quality Engineer will be pivotal in building relationship with suppliers and help build up the internal Quality Management system while we ramp up production. This role is multi-dimensional interfacing with internal customers (Operations, Engineering, Manufacturing and Metrology) while also assisting in qualifying external suppliers to meet productions requirements. Reports to Senior Manager, Quality Systems.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop/support Hyliion manufacturing quality processes in accordance with ISO/TS compliance.
- Implement APQP tools for new product launches, new customer applications, engineering changes and deviations, assuring compliance to customer specific requirements.
- Report, track, and follow-up on internal/supplier quality issues.
- Maintain and report KPIs as defined by Quality management.
- Promote lean concepts in line with Six Sigma principles.
- Manage 8D projects through systematic implementation of key problem-solving tools.
- Monitor and improve Engineering Change Management Process to maximize resource effectiveness and process efficiency.
- Support safe launch plans, internal audits, and gauge studies per Quality management guidelines.
- Manage, maintain, and improve quality tracking tools for warranty and field part analysis.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of quality system requirements/compliance/audit programs to
ISO/TS/IATF 16949 with use of AIAG PPAP, FMEA, APQP (Control Plans), Statistical
Process Control (SPC) and Measurement System Analysis (MSA); ISO/TS/IATF 16949
internal auditor and third-party certification preferred.
- Experience supporting continuous quality improvement activities in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Proficient in interpreting engineering drawings and GD&T with working knowledge of measurement methods, layout inspection (CMM), gage calibration and industry standards for inspection and testing preferred.
- Self-starter with strong follow-through skills and demonstrated “can do” approach.
- Strong verbal presentation and clear concise written communication with proven ability to convey technical information that is appropriate to the correct audience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint); Minitab statistical analysis, and Project Management preferred.
- Position will involve travel (10% of time) to visit engineering service providers and hardware suppliers.
- 5+ years in Engineering, Quality or Project Management in Automotive, Manufacturing and/or Electronics Industry preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field (BS in Engineering, Statistics or Sciences).
- Six Sigma, problem solving (such as 8D using Five Why's, Is-Is Not analysis) experience preferred.
- Ability to lift and/ or move up to 50 pounds
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- For the most part, ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional equipment as found in a typical office
FLSA: Exempt (Salaried)
Hyliion is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.