RF Engineer, Hardware Design at CesiumAstro (Austin, TX)
Please Note: US citizenship or permanent residency is required for this position.
CesiumAstro is a rapidly growing space technology startup in Austin, Texas, developing out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. Our approach is unique, and our team is changing the world of space communications. Learn more about our company at https://www.cesiumastro.com.
We are looking to add an RF Engineer to our team. The ideal candidate has experience in board-level RF electronics design. If you are great at what you do, enjoy working in a startup environment, and are passionate about developing leading-edge RF hardware for satellites, spacecraft, and aerospace systems, we would like to hear from you.
In this position, you will be responsible for RF circuits and systems through all phases of the development process. The ideal candidate will be proficient in board-level schematic design and PCB layout of RF circuits, and system-level communications concepts such as link budgets and modulation schemes. The work will include many aspects of phased array communication systems, including RF front-ends, frequency converters and synthesizers, filters, beamformers, power dividers, and phased array antennas.
As a Cesium hardware team member, you will be responsible for RF hardware designs from initial concept through requirements definition, part selection, detailed design, analysis, manufacturing, testing, qualification, and in-orbit support of Cesium's products. Hardware design tasks will include block diagrams, detailed schematics, PCB layout and routing, simulations, and test design.
The successful candidate will also present engineering design review materials to our customers and executive team, as well as participate in proposal-writing efforts. As such, excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
Successful candidates will require:
- Bachelor of Science (BS) or Master of Science (MS) degree in Electrical Engineering (EE) from an accredited university or institution.
- Minimum of 1 year of industry or university research experience in design and analysis of RF electronics design, analysis, test, and troubleshooting. More experienced candidates are also encouraged to apply.
- Experience with professional simulation tools such as CST and ADS, as well as EDA tools such as Altium.
- Hands-on experience with lab instruments such as vector network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, and oscilloscopes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred experience includes:
- MATLAB or other programming languages.
- Aerospace electronics design, development, and qualification.
- Worst-case circuit analysis, failure method and criticality analyses, and reliability analysis.
- Antenna design.
- EMI/EMC design and mitigation techniques.
We provide generous benefits and stock option packages to all our employees.
CesiumAstro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.