SDET at CCC
CCC Information Services Inc. is the technology platform for the underwritten assets economy. CCC technology, insights, and support connect industries – insurers, automotive manufacturers, collision repairers, parts suppliers, lenders, fleet operators and more – to advance decision-making, productivity, and customer experiences for thousands of clients worldwide. Clients leverage CCC’s network management, data management, AI, operational workflows and customer experience solutions to efficiently scale, interact, transact and achieve their unique business objectives. CCC was ranked a best mid-sized company to work for by Forbes (2019). BuiltIn Chicago, Austin and LA named CCC a top place to work in 2020. Diverse perspectives and experiences are core to CCC’s success and award-winning culture of more than 2,000 employees worldwide. We hold inclusion as a core value and are committed to celebrating and cultivating the diversity of our team. With a 40+ year track record of innovation, CCC’s tenacious spirit and growth mindset turn next generation technology into real world solutions and empower team members to expand their knowledge and potential. Headquartered in Chicago, CCC has 11 locations worldwide. CCC’s principal PE investors are Advent International, Technology Crossover Ventures, and Oak Hill Capital Find out more about CCC Information Services by visiting cccis.com.
Job Description Summary
Are you passionate about developing high quality software to delight customers? Do you desire to work in a start-up like software development environment using agile methodologies and open source tools and frameworks? Do you want to design and build SaaS solutions using the latest cloud-based micro-services architectures and tools? If so, the software development team at CCCIS Austin has a great opportunity for you. We are a small high performing team working to deliver innovative Usage Based Insurance (UBI) software solutions. As a software developer in our test team, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of test automation, frameworks, and tools used against the CCCIS' suite of software and analytics solutions. The ideal candidate loves working in a team environment with experienced product owners and developers to find creative ways to address customer needs. Candidates who have an insatiable appetite for learning and technical challenges and keep abreast of the latest cloud-based tools and technologies thrive in our team. They bring new ideas to consistently move our methodologies forward and lead by example in efficiently delivering high quality software and code review feedback. Successful candidates will also have strong technical skills, be self-motivated, and demonstrate the willingness to own and drive problems to resolution both inside and outside of their core areas of responsibility.
- Work as an individual developer to develop and enhance automated tests, for regression and feature testing, as well as framework libraries and new tools
- Review product requirements in close collaboration with product owners and development
- Author and review test plans, test strategies, test reports, & test cases with all key stakeholders
- Become a subject matter expert, understanding business use cases and feature implementation
- Contribute to load, performance, service reliability, and stress testing
- Contribute creative ideas to evolve our agile-based development and testing methodologies
- Up level QA team maturity by contributing to code reviews, improving test frameworks, CI/CD monitoring nightly tests, identifying code coverage gaps, and other SDLC process components
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of software development and debugging experience in Java, C++, or other high-level programming language or Master’s degree and 3+ years
- Knowledge of industry standard test automation libraries and tools and experience developing test automation and/or new test frameworks
- Experience with agile methodologies, continuous integration, and the full SDLC
- Exemplary written communication skills
Other Beneficial Skills
- Experience with TestNG or REST-assured
- Experience with AWS or Azure, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Spinnaker, Docker
- ISTQB and/or Oracle Java Certifications
- Experience in creating test strategy documents
CCC Information Services employees are part of an inclusive culture that brings together diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Our team is defined by our values of: Integrity, Customer-Focus, Innovation, Diversity & Inclusion, and Tenacity. Together, we help our clients and each other achieve new goals.
CCC is committed to providing employees with opportunities to advance their careers and skillsets. CCC team members receive access to training and education reimbursement is available.
CCC offers competitive compensation, which may include bonuses and stock options, and generous benefits. Health insurance, PTO, 401K, are just some of the benefits available to team members. CCC’s top priority is the health and safety of our clients and our staff, which is why we have expanded our remote work benefits during the COVID-19 pandemic. Qualified job candidates will be interviewed by phone and video. Dependent upon role and responsibilities, new hires will be eligible for remote work immediately, with all necessary office equipment provided upon start date.
Each team member plays an important role in the company’s success and each team member has a voice. CCC employee engagement and job satisfaction ratings consistently exceed industry norms – underscoring the value CCC places on its employees.