Senior Android Mobile at Fivestars
Senior Software Engineer - Mobile
Who we are:
Fivestars is America’s largest local commerce network, driving over $3 billion of sales and 100 million transactions annually. Our mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship. We offer an all-in-one payments, loyalty and marketing automation platform that brings more customers to local businesses. Founded in 2011, Fivestars is backed by Lightspeed, DCM, Menlo Ventures, HarbourVest, and others. Together, let’s #LoveLocal.
For more information visit: www.fivestars.com.
As part of the Engineering team at Fivestars, our mission is to deliver applications which impact and improve the day to day lives of small business owners and consumers using our products across our network. In this role you’ll plan, design, and implement new features in our merchant and consumer applications, impacting both our in-store and out-of-store experiences.
Who you are:
You’re an experienced, mobile (ios/android) developer who demonstrates a high level of curiosity and keeps up with the latest technologies. You have developed and maintained multiple full stack web applications throughout the entirety of their lifecycle. You have a strong eye for software design. You want to tackle tough technical challenges and have a desire to impact local businesses and communities.
What you’ll do:
- Own, design and code product initiatives from start to finish
- Maintain a high level of quality in our code bases through well-written automated tests, good architecture and code review practices
- Work collaboratively with designers, PMs, QA, Analytics and Support to ensure our products' quality.
- Always be shipping software
What we’re looking for:
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Strong Experience working with Android or iOS platforms
- Experience working with
- Python (a plus)
- Android and or iOS development
- CI/CD technology
- Strong team player - We work in small product teams that work very closely together and are constantly collaborating in order to move as fast as possible
- Commitment to testing, code reviews, updating dependencies and general best practices.
Fivestars provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fivestars complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary negotiable. We do adjust for cost-of-living by location.