Senior Controls Engineer- Predictive at Hyliion
Hyliion is looking for a Senior Controls Engineer – Predictive to join our team in Cedar Park, TX. This full-time position offers the opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing company that is revolutionizing the trucking industry. We are seeking exceptionally talented individuals that are highly motivated to revolutionize an industry, reduce the use of fuel and have some fun. You will be joining an experienced engineering team in the design, simulation, implementation and testing of electrical powertrain systems. In this role, you will be leading the design and development of fuel savings and powertrain optimization strategies for HEV, BEV, and REEV vehicles. Reports to the Manager of Hybrid Controls.
- Lead the development of Hyliion’s optimization controls and software for Class-8 truck applications
- Develop and test new software for Hyliion’s powertrain and drivetrain solutions to deliver industry leading performance and vehicle range
- Develop hybrid and range extender control optimization strategies for the ERX truck
- Work with outside engineering partners to delegate and track work packets while in parallel continuing to build the capabilities of Hyliion’s controls team
- Represent Hyliion and present technical papers at key industry conferences
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Strong teamwork skills
- Expert-level knowledge in:
- Controls development in MATLAB/Simulink or C/C++
- PCC (Predictive Cruise Control) or IPM (Intelligent Powertrain Management)
- Optimization algorithms, MPC, or ECMS (Equivalent Consumption Minimization Strategy)
- Hybrid/electric torque architectures
- Software Testing Methods for Embedded Systems (MiL, SiL, HiL, and vehicle)
- Controller Area Networks (CAN) experience (J1939)
- Classical and modern control disciplines
- Preferred experience:
- ISO 26262
- Software Requirements Management
- 5+ years of experience in powertrain controls optimization
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineer, or related technical field
- Ability to lift and/ or move up to 25 pounds.
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- For the most part, ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional equipment as found in a typical office.
Hyliion is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.