Senior DevOps Engineer, Linux at Blackbaud
About the role:
Blackbaud is seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer to work among a passionate team responsible for Linux based application operations support and for engineering innovative infrastructure and application solutions with increasing reliability, scalability, supportability, and security. You will play an instrumental role in our journey to a public cloud model while also sustaining a high level of quality in our current co-located data centers.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer you will be collaborating to lead the development of our solution delivery platforms supporting our Linux web-based applications. You are a developer that is passionate about getting things done and engineering with excellence. You will have the opportunity to work on software solutions within our organization that will have a huge impact on our industry and our clients. You will utilize automation technologies to provide world-class solutions that serve the non-profit industry. In doing so, you have an opportunity to learn or improve upon design and architecture skills and gain a full understanding and appreciation for implementing modern software applications.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for the overall health and stability of supported applications, systems and environments by proactively monitoring and responding to events.
- Work directly with Development and Customer Success teams to improve our overall stability and speed to production
- Standardize and automate change, validation, and deployment processes to increase efficiency and reduce risk, complexity, waste and cost.
- Proactively monitor capacity and performance management measures to ensure quality and support business growth.
- Drive incident response with focus on restoration of service, followed by pursuit of root cause and permanent resolution.
- Keep up with industry trends and effectively adapt to demands to rapidly evolving email technologies.
- Support operations on a 24x7x365 basis when needed for production-impacting incidents or key customer events
- Evaluate complex application security assessments and work with development teams to address findings
What we’ll want you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology or 5+ years of related work experience
- Experience in Linux administration and engineering
- Applied knowledge of Web server Administration and comfortable working in database environments
- Experience with Python, Bash and/or Ansible
- Experience in software engineering best practices such as design patterns, decoupled architectures, and test-driven development preferred
- Familiar with security best practices such as Enterprise WAF, Multifactor Authentication, Data Protection (Data at rest, Data in transit)