Senior DevOps Engineer (Telematics)
Job Description Summary
Changes in Technology designed to collect and analyze driver data are moving faster than a speeding car. Add to it the rapidly evolving “internet of things,” and it’s now more important than ever for our customers and partners to have a telematics platform that enables them to gather and analyze data quickly to meet the needs of their business and customers. CCC is right in the middle of it all.
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to be a leader amongst the Telematics Operations team in Austin. This Senior DevOps Engineer is responsible for defining, provisioning and managing the Amazon cloud environments. In this role, you will collaborate with Software development and Operational Engineering teams to deploy and automate build and deployment of the systems.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for managing releases deployments, performing patches, upgrades and maintaining the environment in accordance with established policies and procedures. The engineer will also work closely with development teams during the design of applications to provide input from operational perspective. The engineer will also troubleshoot and resolve any issues that occur in Dev, Test and Production environments.
This position will be responsible for conducting technical studies and evaluations of business area requirements. The engineer will recommend the appropriate cloud technology options to support the software to IT management.
Why Choose CCC:
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
Please Note: Contingent Workers, Field Inventory Representatives and Interns are not eligible for the benefits above.
CCC Information Services was recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-Sized Employers in 2018 and ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago.
CCC is ready to help you shift your career into high gear. Let's get started!
- Managing and automation of environment builds, releases and deployments
- Planning solutions to cloud challenges
- Building CI/CD pipelines, and ensuring security
- Troubleshooting and patching issues
- Ability to troubleshoot and anticipate problems
- Ability to script and code at a production quality level
- Participate in Platform maintenance and releases for production and pre-production environment.
- Participates in disaster recovery and business continuity tests by performing documented recovery procedures for the platform
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of experience
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Terraform, Ansible or an equivalent.
- Experience in CI/CD software deployment automation tools (Jenkins, Artifactory, Spinnaker etc.)
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required)
- Experience debugging and deploying code on cloud-based applications
- Experience building and deploying containers (Kubernetes, ECS, Mesos)
- Experience with Kafka or Storm is a plus
- Experience with ELK or AppDynamics is a plus
- Ability to design and maintain deployment processes in large environments
- Strong experience with SQL and MySQL (NoSQL experience is a plus, too)
- A working understanding of code and script (Java, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Healthy - Wellness programs, competitive medical benefit offerings
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, Perkspot/employee discount program and potentially flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities