Senior DevOps Engineer
At Blackbaud, we’re here to help good take over. We lead uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, providing cloud software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to drive impact for social good. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, higher education institutions, K-12 schools, healthcare organizations, faith communities, arts and cultural organizations, foundations, companies, and the individual change agents who support them. With millions of users in 100+ countries, our vision is to power an Ecosystem of Good® that builds a better world. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them raise resources, deliver programs, manage operations, and understand their outcomes.
About the role:
As a Software Engineer focused on Site Reliability within Infrastructure Engineering and Cloud Operations, you will contribute to the development of our solution delivery platforms supporting our web-based applications on the latest cloud technologies within a DevOps culture. We are looking for developers who are passionate about getting things done and engineering with excellence. You will have the opportunity to work on software solutions within our organization that will have a huge impact on our industry and our clients. You will utilize automation technologies and private/public cloud technologies to provide world-class solutions that serve the non-profit industry.
What you'll be doing:
- Drive technical design and validation, while ensuring implementation aligns with our technical strategies and strategic business objectives.
- Build automation leveraging CI/CD processes, automated testing, unit testing, code coverage and other software development best practices.
- Contribute to reusable automation scripts, libraries, services, and tools to increase system and process efficiencies; pursue opportunities to further operational excellence by increasing efficiency and reducing risk, complexity, waste and cost.
- Partner with key stakeholders to establish technical direction and negotiate technical decision points to drive innovative solutions
- Develop architectural designs for applications building something to delight clients while managing costs to deliver these applications.
- Maintaining the overall health, stability, and security of supported systems and environments with current standards
- Partnering across the business to troubleshoot, problem-solve, and deliver stable solutions
- Collaborating through the life-cycle of planning, testing and documenting changes
- Drive incident response with initial focus on restoration of service, followed by a drive to ensure the root cause of problems are identified and resolved permanently.
What we'll want you to have:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience required.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of data structures, algorithms, systems & methods of design
- Experience creating scripts or automation, such as Perl, PowerShell, Python, TCL/TK, Ruby or similar for cloud orchestration required
- Experience building high performance, scalable, robust, 24x7 environments and/or applications a plus
- 3-5 years of experience in the implementation of cloud technologies and an understanding of SAAS, PAAS, and IAAS models preferred (Microsoft Azure)
- Available on a 24x7x365 basis when needed to provide tactical response for production impacting incidents or key customer events
Why you'll want to come work here:
- Our benefits are unmatched. Not only do we offer competitive salaries, 4 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and 401K match, we also provide endless community involvement opportunities to encourage our employees to give back, through our CSR programs like gift matching and volunteer for vacation.
- Blackbaud has been named to Forbes America's Best Employers for Diversity 2019, Forbes America’s Best Midsize Employer 2019, and AnitaB.org's Top Companies for Women Technologists 2018, we are rapidly growing and offer incredible opportunity for career advancement!
- We understand that people thrive in a culture focused on teamwork and purpose. That's why Blackbaud offers a tremendous company culture, encouraging open, collaborative working environments in all of our offices around the world, including; North America, Australia, the United Kingdom and Costa Rica.
- We have proven that we are one of the best technology companies to work for. Blackbaud has been ranked Best Technology Company in Charleston, SC for the fourth year in a row, and ranked by BuiltIn Austin as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX.
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.