Senior Director of Engineering at Khoros
At Khoros, our passion is to help the world’s best brands create customers for life. We build products we’re proud of, and we’re passionate about customer success. As part of the Vista Equity family, you’ll receive best in class development opportunities and the ability to work with customers like Samsung, HP, Sony and Visa.
The Khoros engagement platform comprises Online Community, Social Media Management and Messaging products for social customer service, social support and social media marketing teams to listen, respond and act on customer conversations – creating deep relationships and fostering brand loyalty and advocacy.
We work in small, cross-functional teams and love delivering value to our customers through shipping code. As a Director of Engineering at Khoros, you’ll be responsible for your team’s overall success and engagement. You’ll be the spark that helps the team meet its goals, support engineers in their professional growth, and recruit top software engineering and quality engineering talent to the growing team.
If you’re eager to work on large-scale, consumer-facing web applications that support many users, you’ll be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly-growing team.
Some Responsibilities Include:
- Motivating, leading, and managing a team of software engineers.
- Recruiting and hiring top engineering talent.
- Driving professional growth of the managers, software engineers, and quality engineers on the team.
- Point of contact for engineering for the General Manager of the product line.
- Sitting on the staff of the CTO.
- Collaborating with senior engineers to implement best practice engineering methods.
- Leading project planning, resourcing, supporting project execution, and ensuring overall project success.
- Supporting collaboration within and across teams.
- Collaborating with Product, Design and Support to understand and prioritize the most important work to keep our customers happy and platform healthy.
- Managing teams of engineers across multiple time zones.
- Maintaining team processes and culture.
- Presenting plans, budget, and quality to top management.
- 12+ years writing software and leading software development teams
- Experience building web based customer focused products
- Expertise in building enterprise-level services
- Experience managing and coaching managers, senior engineers, and quality engineers
- Experience guiding distributed teams to deliver high quality software through rapid iteration
- Success as an engineering leader taking on challenging problems in a global, scalable, and performant way that requires rapid execution with high quality
- Understand latest software development technologies, cloud services, and containerization
- Highly collaborative with other functions to guide solutions that are customer focused