Mythic has developed a unified hardware and software platform featuring its unique Mythic Analog Compute Engine (Mythic ACE™) to deliver revolutionary power, cost, and performance that shatters digital barriers preventing AI innovation at the edge. The Mythic Analog Matrix Processor (Mythic AMP™) makes it much easier and more affordable to deploy powerful AI solutions, from the data center to the edge device. The company has raised over $165.2 million to date, has over 120 employees, and has offices in Redwood City, CA, and Austin, TX.
About the role:
At Mythic, we're tackling big challenges that span both hardware and software. Advanced emulation and prototyping is a key ingredient in keeping our project schedules fast, our design risk low, and our product quality high. We're looking for an experienced, hands-on technical leader to help make our emulation program even better.
Mythic is a fast-paced startup looking for individuals who enjoy broad, flexible roles. The right candidate will be a motivated self-starter who can independently identify problems and opportunities, and work across the engineering organization to drive solutions. This is a high visibility role with the opportunity to have an outsize impact on Mythic's projects. In addition, you will learn about state-of-the-art neural networks and hardware accelerators.
Here's what you will do:
- You will be responsible for delivering emulation and prototyping platforms to hardware and software teams at Mythic
- Build, bring up, and debug emulation models for multiple customers and projects
- Create advanced C++ testbenches, transactors, and device models
- Integrate third-party transactors into Mythic testbenches
- Develop infrastructure, tools, and users flows that make the emulator a productive, easy-to-use tool for internal customers
- Work across the organization to leverage the emulator to accelerate project schedule and reduce risk
- Partner with other internal teams to define requirements and create roadmaps and schedules
- Define and execute emulation test plans
- Develop and maintain emulation regression infrastructure
- Explore and develop new technologies and methodologies to leverage emulation and hardware acceleration for new applications
- Administer emulation hardware and compute infrastructure
- Partner with vendors to debug issues and deploy new emulation capabilities
Here's the background we hope you have:
- Deep technical knowledge of the latest emulation and prototyping technologies
- Hands-on technical leadership of emulation programs for complex IC projects such as CPUs, SoCs, or accelerators
- Development of complex C++ test benches, models, and transactors
- Strong programming and scripting skills in C, C++, Python, Verilog, and SystemVerilog
- Demonstrated ability to work across teams to bring together solutions to complex problems
The following would be nice to have but not required:
- Excellent hardware-software debug experience; ability to debug complex logic design issues from waveforms
- Embedded-C programming and deep understanding of hardware-software interactions in embedded systems
- Use of emulation for verification and DFT testbench acceleration; strong understanding of verification concepts, such as UVM
- Experience managing vendor relationships and working with vendor AEs to address emulation hardware and software issues
- Linux system administration experience
At Mythic, we pride ourselves in creating a culture where all employees feel valued and appreciated for the diverse perspectives and backgrounds they bring to the team. We aim to hire smart people, give them the resources they need to do their job well, and then leave the rest up to them. We celebrate individual differences and encourage people to be comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work. At the end of the day, we are committed to building a diverse workforce where everyone belongs.
Mythic is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It ensures equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We look forward to reviewing your application!