Senior Front End Software Engineer at OnlineMedEd
OnlineMedEd is focused on making adult learning as efficient and effective as possible. We improve learning by delivering personalized and adaptive experiences for users and institutions. Part education, part tech, we have strong traction in every medical school throughout the United States and 200k+ monthly active users in 192 countries worldwide.
We are looking for a Senior Front End Software Engineer to join our team working across our suite of products.
What You’ll Do
- Design and build software that communicates between platforms to deliver excellent performance and a smooth and comprehensive user experience
- Develop user interfaces and interact with back-end services, APIs, and processes across multiple products
- Help guide and train other engineers
Qualifications You'll Need
- A demonstrated ability to use any given software stack and, through a combination of skill, Google-fu, and gumption, get the job done on-time
- Experience working with SPA libraries and frameworks such as React, Vue, and Angular
- Experience implementing and delivering web applications with responsive UI/UX designs
- Ability to thrive in an agile environment
- Experience interacting with RESTful APIs
- Experience in object oriented programming
- Proficiency in using version control systems such as git
- A focus on test-driven development and experience working with CI and CD
Skills That Will Help
- Knowledge of React development practices
- Development experience in PHP, preferably with framework experience (e.g. Laravel)
- Familiarity with AWS, containerization, Kubernetes
What We Offer
- Salary range: $105k-$160k depending on experience
- Selflessness: Our purpose is to make adult education accessible to everyone. We believe in putting the user first, team second, and ourselves last.
- Lifelong learning: Monthly Lunch and Learns, weekly presentations, funding for professional development, and 1:1 coaching provide frequent opportunities to learn and grow.
- Accountability: Take responsibility for your work without being micro-managed. We're focused on doing great work; when and how you do it is up to you.
- Transparency: We have an open-door policy and a no-blame culture. We value honest communication at every level of the company.
- Excellence: We want you focused on doing your best work. Use the equipment you want, take advantage of the flexibility of unlimited as-you-need-it time off, and work where it makes sense. We strive to set you up for success.
- Benefits: We also provide enterprise-level health insurance, dental and vision insurance, fitness perks, volunteer opportunities, mental health resources, work equipment benefits, snacks and drinks in the office, and engaging (currently virtual) social activities. This position is remote friendly for the right person, but Texas-based candidates are preferred.
OnlineMedEd was rated #4 Best Small Places to Work in 2021 by BuiltinAustin and one of the top places to work in Austin overall.
Diversity in Doing Good
OnlineMedEd is a purpose-driven organization focused on doing well by doing good. We recognize that doing good is best achieved by uniting the unique contributions of individuals with different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and experiences. Beyond our equal opportunity employer status, we are committed to recruiting, hiring, training, and supporting the professional development of diverse individuals, regardless of differences, who demonstrate outstanding performance and exemplify our core values.