Senior Full Stack Engineer
You're looking for an adventure where you can tackle complex problems, drive change, and build powerful and novel products. You want to collaborate with and mentor people that creatively solve problems, make decisions with conviction and nerd out about the internet. You’re comfortable with being uncomfortable, and you thrive in an environment based on continual improvement. You aren’t afraid to try new things and make mistakes. If this sounds like you, we want you on our team!
New Knowledge is a fast-growing information integrity company on a mission to help our clients understand the internet. We use AI and machine learning to alert brands to potentially damaging online campaigns, and we are revolutionizing the way companies and industries make sense of disinformation, echo chambers, and filter bubbles. We are led by successful entrepreneurs, NSA veterans and disinformation industry experts. Current clients include Fortune 100 customers across a number of industries and our investors include Moonshots Capital, GGV Capital and Lux Capital.
We're looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer with 5 or more years of experience building complex web applications. In this role, you will be based out of our Austin office and will report to the Engineering Manager.
What You’ll Do:
We're creating a platform to help understand and explore online communities. Day-to-day you’ll work with a rapidly growing team of software engineers, front end engineers, and data scientists. You'll build out systems that can scale and are reliable. Collaborating will be huge, and there's a lot to do - there's no shortage of exciting work. There are a lot of resources available to us and you'll be early in the company. You’ll have a huge impact.
Our team uses a microservices architecture approach with a broad and evolving tech stack; including Python, Node.js, React, Angular, etc.
What You Have:
- 5+ years of experience building complex web applications.
- Experience with microservice architecture, continuous delivery (CD) and continuous integration (CI).
- Experience operating as a senior developer on a larger team; mentoring and breaking down tasks for more junior engineers.
- Proficient developing in either Node.js or Python
- Experience with cloud-based distributed systems
- Experience in an Agile project delivery life-cycle
- Experience with any of the following are a plus: Docker, Kafka, React, Machine learning libraries
- Skills and personality to operate effectively in a very fast-paced, complex business
- Comfortable independently learning things you haven’t done before
- Comfortable designing, developing, testing, and launching software
- Enjoys working as part of a team or on your own
What You’ll Get:
- Purpose-driven work
- Market-leading salary and equity compensation
- Coverage under best in class, flexible medical, vision and dental plans
- 401(k) with 100% company match up to 4% of salary and immediate vesting
- Unlimited vacation that you’re encouraged to take, including paid parental leave
- Stocked kitchen full of healthy snacks and drinks
- Weekly catered lunch
- Free parking near our downtown office
- Free membership to onsite gym and pool
- Annual budget to purchase books and educational subscriptions
- Monthly team-wide events like movie screenings at Alamo Drafthouse, escape rooms, and stand up paddle boarding on the river
- Many more benefits … apply to find out!