Senior Full Stack Engineer at Hyliion
The Full Stack Engineer is responsible for the architecture, technical specification, design, implementation, testing and support of new applications, middleware and databases for new initiatives on Hyliion’s strategic roadmap.
Reports to: Software Manager
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Strong working knowledge of Vue.JS and SPA architecture.
- Strong CSS skills.
- Solid understanding of functional programming principles using distributed, asynchronous messaging.
- Ability to implement solutions for both the front-end and back-end.
- Demonstrated experience in building highly scalable architectures
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Experience with Atlassian tool suite (Jira, Confluence, BitBucket)
- Create a technical functional specification from a PRD.
- Contribute to and lead application and database architecture/design.
- Contribute to and lead architecture/design conversations and code reviews.
- Design and implement features for new and existing products, functionality, APIs and platforms.
- Analyze legacy technology for reuse.
- Must be a team player, collaborating with application and middleware teams to ensure successful integration, testing and delivery.
- Create and perform integration testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, related fields or equivalent experience
- 8+ years as Relational Database and API designer, building and maintaining complex mission critical backend solutions.
- 8+ years of experience as a Web Applications programmer, creating SPAs.
- Working knowledge of GIS Maps.
- Has worked 3+ years developing large-scale, distributed fleet applications.
- Ability to verbally present information in individual or group settings.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Hyliion is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.