Senior Graphics Engineer at Unity Technologies
Unity's Professional Services team is looking for developers to share their graphics experience and technical expertise to help elevate our customer projects to the next level of fidelity and performance.
Your day-to-day work will involve collaborating directly with a customer’s technical leaders, researching and delivering solutions to their rendering challenges, developing customized graphics code to ensure their projects look beautiful in Unity. In addition, we’ll rely on your direct feedback working with our top partners to help shape the road map for future versions of the Unity Engine. If you're technically skilled, enjoy coming up with novel solutions to unique problems, and want to educate others about your innovations, you’ll thrive on our team.
This role will require occasional travel to customers’ offices for collaboration, or to other Unity offices for training. Travel is expected to be no more than 25% of the time.
We're committed to maintaining a diverse team, and we welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- Create or modify features, workflows, shaders, and effects to demonstrate how to best achieve a customer’s visual targets in Unity
- Optimize systems to improve the customer’s project performance
- Create example assets and projects to illustrate solutions and best practices
- Efficiently solve problems, communicate, and educate our customers, both remotely and on-site at their offices
- Educate and assist customers as they ramp up on using the Unity Engine
- Train yourself to remain at the forefront of Unity Engine graphics technology
- Knowledge of modern graphics APIs, shaders and rendering pipelines
- Experienced user of graphics debugging tools
- Excellent C# and C++ programming skills
- Comfortable programming in multi-threaded codebases
- Skilled with 3D mathematics and graphics algorithms
- You are fluent in written and spoken English and able to clearly communicate ideas and technical knowledge
- You have worked as a graphics programmer in multiple real-time game engines
- You are familiar with Unity’s Scriptable Rendering Pipeline (SRP) technologies, especially the High-Definition Rendering Pipeline (HDRP)
- You have professional programming experience with modern 3D rendering APIs, such as DirectX 12, Vulkan, and Metal
- You have experience communicating publicly to knowledgeable audiences; e.g. you have delivered talks or published written articles
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.