Senior Manager, Engineering
We're looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to join our team in Austin! As an Engineering Manager, you’ll be responsible for building both people and product; mentoring, coaching, as well as overseeing robust technical execution. You’ll direct most of your time towards managing full-stack engineers on your teams, but will also need to provide input and guidance towards technical decision making.
You will be instrumental in building out our first engineering teams in Austin, including hiring great talent, onboarding new team members, and developing strong partnerships with the existing Austin team. Experience working with distributed teams is preferred as our R&D teams are primarily located at our Carpinteria, CA headquarters. As the first Engineering Manager in Austin you have the chance to have a wide range of impact across engineering. With this in mind, you can expect to do the following:
- Manage and empower a group of 8-15 engineers
- Help define and drive the vision for Account Experience and how we build it
- Partner with stakeholders across Sales, Customer Success, and Business Operations
- Make trade-offs that balance business goals against choice of technology and design patterns
- Coordinate cross-team initiatives, balance priorities, and contribute to feature implementations
- Aid in system architecture and design discussions when planning projects
- Help the team code with performance, scalability, and usability in mind
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years experience in web development
- 3+ years technical management
- Bachelors in Computer Science
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails - or passion for the technology
- Familiarity with infrastructure
- You love helping engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers. You don’t shy away from performance conversations and you recognize the relationship between objective feedback and career growth
- You thrive in fostering a strong engineering culture in an agile environment
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.