Senior Physics Software Engineer at Unity Technologies
Now we are seeking for a Software Developer to join our highly skilled and motivated Physics for Robotics team. The team is responsible for building and maintaining Unity’s physics engine system based on nVidia PhysX, used by hundreds of thousands of customers every day.
You will work on creating, adapting and refining the physics engine with the related tools for robotics simulations as well as for games. This is an integral role as Physics solutions available and usable from the beginner to advanced Unity user!
- Develop and maintain physics engine functionality and APIs both for games and robotics
- Design and develop UI and tools for physics simulation workflows
- Participate in setting the new standards in bridging physics and robotics
- Be a champion for the user: insist on the highest quality, and create functional and engaging features and API that empower customers to create with ease the greatest experience in robotics simulations and games.
- Strong C++ knowledge
- Experience with Unity, Unreal, CryEngine or any other 3D game engines
- Understanding of classical mechanics/physics and how it is simulated in games
- Experience with integration and maintenance of physics engines
- Great communication skills, ability to talk to customers and third-party providers worldwide, across time, culture and language barriers
- Experience with C#
- Experience with robotics
- Experience with Unity
- Experience with PhysX/MujoCO
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.