Please Note: US citizenship or permanent residency is required for this position.
CesiumAstro is a rapidly growing space technology startup in Austin, Texas, developing out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. Our approach is unique, and our team is changing the world of space communications. Learn more about our company at https://www.cesiumastro.com.
We are looking to add a Senior Power Electronics Design Engineer to our team. If you are great at what you do, enjoy working in a startup environment, and are passionate about developing leading-edge power electronics for satellites, spacecraft, and aerospace systems, we would like to hear from you.
In this position, you will be responsible for power electronics circuits and systems through all stages of the development process. The two primary product areas for this position are: (1) optimized point-of-load converters for RF and digital modules (typically ranging from 1W to 50W), and (2) standalone dc-dc converter modules (typically 20W to 500W). Design elements and responsibilities will include isolated and non-isolated DC-DC converters, magnetics design and analysis, system-level power management and distribution design, point-of-load regulators, switching and linear regulators, filters, and stability analysis and measurement.
As a senior hardware team member, you will be responsible for hardware designs from concept through production, including product roadmaps, block diagrams, part selection, schematic design, PCB layout and routing, analysis, manufacturing (working with contract manufacturers), test, qualification, and in-orbit support. Senior engineers also serve as technical and professional mentors in their field.
The successful candidate will also present engineering design review materials to our customers and executive team, as well as participate in proposal-writing efforts. As such, excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
CesiumAstro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We provide a generous benefits and stock option package to all our employees.
Successful candidates will require, as a minimum:
- Bachelor of Science (BS) or Master of Science (MS) degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university.
- Minimum of 4 years of industry or university research experience in power electronics design, analysis, test, and troubleshooting. More experienced candidates are also encouraged to apply.
- Expert-level proficiency in electronics design (EDA) tools such as Altium.
- Expert-level proficiency in PCB layout for power circuits.
- Experience with SPICE-based circuit simulation.
- Experience with power integrity simulation tools such as Ansys or ADS.
- Extensive hands-on experience with lab instruments such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, electronic loads, and signal generators.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred experience includes:
- Aerospace electronics design, development, and qualification.
- Worst-case circuit analysis, failure method and criticality analyses, and reliability analysis.
- EMI/EMC design and mitigation techniques.