Senior Site Reliability Engineer - Websites and Marketing at GoDaddy
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. With 20 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
What you'll get to do...
GoDaddy’s SREs are a core tenant in every significant engineering effort we have underway as they sit right in the middle of our developers, product owners and our shared services teams to deliver new capabilities with an eye towards speed, performance, availability and quality. SRE’s and their knowledge of security, compute, networking, monitoring, databases, configuration management and CI/CD is what makes our SRE’s so valuable in scaling GoDaddy’s infrastructure/platform. In short, GoDaddy’s SRE’s are all about reliability, efficiency and enabling, NOT governing our developers by solving operational challenges via software, automation and orchestration (code/software first mentality).
The selected candidate will be working within the Website + Marketing SRE team which supports many offerings such as; Website Builder, Online Store, Online Appointments, GoDaddy Online Bookkeeping and many other products/services our 19million+ everyday entrepreneurs leverage to create, grow and manage their presence.
Your experience should include...
- Three years established DevOps/SRE role.
- Maintaining, managing virtualization technologies stacks like Openstack
- Deploying and maintaining Openstack clusters and provisioning bare metal hosts
- Daily interaction with team members/developers to solve large complex challenges at scale.
- Monitor availability, performance, latency, capacity, throughput and the overall system health.
- Merge legacy platforms from acquired businesses in line with business objectives
- Emphasis on automation, improving system design, and building resilience into our systems so that we do not have to repeatedly fix the same problems.
- Evaluate and help resolve a variety of requests coming from our business partners.
- Improve and keep documentation updated.
- Continually advancing the technology in a collaborative and creative agile environment using many of the latest technologies and industry best practice.
- Maintain toolset used for systems maintenance and deployments
- Share and develop skills with other team members
You might also have...
- AWS experience building scalable applications across multiple regions
- Cloud based provisioning tool exposure - Terraform and Sceptre
- Solid understanding of infrastructure as code; such as Puppet, Chef and or Ansible and able to build pipelines in Jenkins or similar
- Experience in maintaining Centos or REHL.
- 3+ years` experience with one or more programming or scripting languages such as bash, PowerShell, C#, Java, Python, or C++
- 2+ years` experience with SQL or NoSQL Databases
- Experience with tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or SaltStack
- Experience with infrastructure in a cloud environment (AWS preferred)
- SQL Server databases experience preferred
- Experience with source code control systems, branching and merging, automated unit testing frameworks, automated build tools, and automated deploy frameworks
- Monitoring systems (Sensu, Cloudwatch, etc.)
- Experience deploying enterprise public facing websites
- Strong time management skills with the ability to multi task and deliver quality results
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at [email protected]
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.