Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
"Customer Success and Agent Empowerment through Excellent Software"
The Customer Support Technology organization is a passionate team of engineers working diligently to unleash the potential of other Atlassians. We work closely with Atlassian's customer care teams to solve a variety of customer-centric problems and challenges.
As a team, we build intelligent self-service support systems, analytics, and smart tools which help Atlassian optimally engage with customers.
More about you
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- You have at least 8+ years of work experience in designing and building production-level web applications
- Experience building services from the ground up – from gathering design requirements and building to deployment and ownership
- Strong understanding of cloud platforms and working knowledge of highly scalable microservices and their design
- Ability to craft public APIs, coupled with a passion for writing clean code
- Passion for software engineering and getting stuff done using pragmatic approaches to iterate towards solutions for hard problems
- Solid understanding of application performance and crafting low latency, high-speed http applications.
- Working well in a team, comfortable with code reviews, and collaborating effectively across timezones on ideas and designs with some of the best architects and developers in Atlassian
- Excited by the opportunities that a Cloud Only world presents for our users, and keen to make a difference by embracing the best Cloud practices and tooling for engineers
It's great, but not required, if you know:
- AWS Ecosystem
- operations and incident management - you know how to handle daily software ops work and you are not afraid of handling incidents from time to time
More about the role
We work directly with the business partners on crafting and implementing the microservices that drive customer success and happiness. You will be there from the early requirements discussions until the deployment and maintenance of the code that you and the team wrote. We own the source code and the responsibility to improve it.
More about our team
We are a growing team of developers, product managers, and designers of all levels of experience. We are, above all else, driven innovators. As standard for Atlassian, we offer 20% innovation time to tackle problems that matter the most to you. We count the reigning ping-pong champion among our numbers.
The team is directly involved in multiple initiatives to change the way Atlassian does business. We have the phenomenal opportunity to be part of redefining the company and invite you to join us on our journey.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.