The Machine Learning team at RetailMeNot work on initiatives that enable us to provide users meaningful content at the right place, right time, and right price. We build, test and iterate on Machine Learning models, learning from and leveraging datasets with millions of daily visits. We are looking for software engineers who are not afraid of learning new technologies, have an itch or have been playing around with Machine Learning, and are ready to apply it to solve real and meaningful business problems.
As part of the Machine Learning team you will work together with software engineers, data scientist and data engineers leveraging the latest technology and bringing new ideas to the table and building the world’s largest savings destination. Our teams challenge each other to have fun while connecting shoppers to the brands they love. Some of the technologies that we use today include AWS (EMR), Spark, Docker, Luigi, and Tensorflow.
This team is integral to the RetailMeNot business, so we need engineers who can deliver results while understanding the structure of a large system. We provide cross-team leadership that ensures that RetailMeNot code meets a consistently high standard while building the platform to support the future of the company. Your daily activities will involve oversight, mentoring, delivering key pieces of functionality, and collaborating with technology leadership to plan the technical roadmap for RMN.
We are constantly evolving both the software and the teams that deliver it. If you’re someone who enjoys taking on new challenges, working in a rapidly changing environment, learning new skills, and applying it all to solve large and impactful business problems, then we want you to be a part of the team.
Who You Are
- You have a Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent STEM field, or equivalent work experience
- You have an ownership mentality and track record of successful high-quality results. You identify any ambiguous requirements and provide clarity when needed.
- You bring a proven understanding and application of computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms and design patterns.
- You’re proficient with technologies such as Java, AWS.
- You have an understanding of systems architecture technologies including Linux, Amazon Web Services, Kubernetes and Docker.
- You have high level understanding and interest in Machine Learning, and want to work together with scientist and data engineers to apply it to real life.
- You have experience with common software engineering tools such as Git, JIRA, TeamCity, Confluence or similar.
- You have 5+ years of application development experience.
What You'll Do
- You will work together with data scientist and data engineer to deliver improved algorithms and experiences using Machine Learning.
- You will understand and constantly improve the cloud infrastructure that runs our high performance, consumer-scale site.
- You will help support the build and deployment pipeline and when necessary both diagnose and solve production support issues.
- You will contribute to the overall system design, architecture, security, scalability, reliability, and performance of applications.
- You’ll consistently improve maintainability and stability of the codebase.
- You’ll coach and mentor junior engineers on software engineering techniques, process, and new technologies.
- You will also have the opportunity to stay ahead of new technologies with an eye to evaluating and potentially incorporating them into your team's architecture.
Who We Are
- We hire smart people and give them the autonomy to be creative in how they impact the business.
- We embrace Diversity and Inclusion as core values and have a thriving program to support it throughout the company. We give back to the community and support multiple Austin events and organizations with like-minded goals.
- We have an extraordinary open vacation policy.
- We offer a generous leave policy for new parents as well as 401k matching.
- We provide lunch four days a week, breakfast twice a week, all the snacks you could dream of, and have our own coffee bar run by trained baristas.
- We reimburse expenses for cell phone service and gym memberships.
We offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that eagerly pursues disruption in its space to continue to drive innovation and lead the competition. Benefits of being an employee of RetailMeNot, Inc. include, but are not limited to the following:
- Competitive base & bonus packages; salary negotiable
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- Performance based rewards & recognition for your hard work and service
- Very competitive benefits packages, including best-in-class parental leave
- Open & flexible PTO
- Cell phone & gym membership reimbursements
- Fully stocked break room & onsite catered breakfasts & lunches multiple days/week
*Some rewards do not apply to contract workers or interns.
RetailMeNot, Inc. is a leading savings destination bringing people and the things they love together through savings with retailers, brands, restaurants and pharmacies. RetailMeNot makes everyday life more affordable through online and in-store coupon codes, cash back offers, discount gift cards, and the RetailMeNot Genie browser extension. Savings are also provided in consumers’ mailboxes through the RetailMeNot Everyday™ direct mail package, and at the pharmacy with RxSaver by RetailMeNot.
RetailMeNot is a wholly owned subsidiary of Harland Clarke Holdings. http://www.retailmenot.com/corp or follow @RetailMeNot on social media.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at RetailMeNot, Inc. are considered without regards to race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected classification. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us align with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.