We are the Developer Experience team at RetailMeNot. We invest in better tooling, technology, and processes that allow us to deliver product to market faster and improve engineering happiness and efficiency. We look for ways to standardize without compromising innovation.
Do you enjoy working with communities to understand their needs and create solutions to fulfill them? Have you worked on a standards team or created enhancement proposals for open source projects? Does working in a friendly inclusive environment excite you? If so, we are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our team. We are looking for individuals that can research improvements and develop solutions for our primary customers - the engineers around us!
Who You Are
- You have 5+ years of experience creating consumer oriented web applications, services, libraries, and tools
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent STEM field
- You are proficient in Java, Node.js, Python, PHP or other server-side languages
- You are an expert in all the tools of the trade - tools, workflows, issue tracking, source control, CI/CD, test and deployment automation, infrastructure as code
- You bring a deep understanding and application of computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, and design patterns.You have a track record of delivering successful solutions and collaborating with others.
- You are comfortable with a wide variety of programming languages and environments
- You are passionate about creating a phenomenal user experience
- You take security into account when building new systems
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
What You'll Do
- You will optimize existing systems and processes via researching commonalities and developing new tools and technologies that can be reused across systems and teams
- You will investigate new technologies and tools and recommend those that best fit the team and organization
- You will consult with other engineering teams to drive adoption of the solutions our team creates
Who We Are
- We have an open environment where engineers are given a lot of responsibility and the freedom to make a huge impact
- We have lots of smart people to work with and learn from.
- We work on large scale challenges with a variety of technologies and believe in an ever-growing diversity of technology platforms
- We'll provide you with food, food, and more food.
- We believe in giving prizes, bonuses, and recognition for doing what you enjoy
- We have a phenomenal open vacation policy
- We provide cell phone and fitness reimbursements (plus free parking downtown)
We offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that eagerly pursues disruption in its space to continue to drive innovation and lead the competition. Benefits of being an employee of RetailMeNot, Inc. include, but are not limited to the following:
- Competitive base & bonus packages; salary negotiable
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- Performance based rewards & recognition for your hard work and service
- Very competitive benefits packages, including best-in-class parental leave
- Open & flexible PTO
- Cell phone & gym membership reimbursements
- Fully stocked break room & onsite catered breakfasts & lunches multiple days/week
RetailMeNot, Inc. is a leading digital savings destination connecting consumers with retailers, restaurants and brands, both online and in-store. The company enables consumers across the globe to find hundreds of thousands of digital offers to save money while they shop or dine out.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at RetailMeNot, Inc. are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us align with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.