Senior Software Engineer - Digital Crimes Unit at GoDaddy
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. With 20 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Join our team...
GoDaddy's Digital Crimes Unit is seeking a senior software engineer to help protect our customers and the internet from abusive content. As one of the world's largest hosting platforms and registrars we are responsible for a significant amount of user generated content. As part of the Digital Crimes Unit you will build solutions for detecting, remediating, and preventing malicious content and behavior on our global platform.
Your manager is in Tempe, AZ but you’ll be working remotely anywhere in the US.
What you'll get to do...
- Develop technical mechanisms for detecting and remediating abusive behavior
- Code primarily in Go and Python
- Participate as part of a geographically distributed Scrum team
- Design, build, deploy, and monitor full stack applications
Your experience should include....
- 4 - 10 years experience working as a software engineer
- S. in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of developing and debugging in object-oriented programming languages
- Experience of relational or non-relational databases
- Experience with RESTful API design
- Understanding of a micro-services based architecture
You might also have ...
- Experience with cloud platforms e.g. AWS, Google Cloud, etc.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
We’ve got your back
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at [email protected]
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.