Senior Software Engineer, Front end, Lab Platform at Invitae
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
The mission for the Lab Platform team is to create a suite of services and tools to manage Invitae's global genetic testing labs at scale. The platform provides capabilities to build and automate lab workflows, manage lab operations, track lab analyses, and monitor genetic test health. We address horizontal requirements around monitoring, alerting, security, and scalability at the platform level, which allows our scientists and pipeline teams to deliver new genetic tests to our customers quickly.
The genetic testing space is moving and expanding quickly. In support of the Invitae mission, our assay development needs to be easy to iterate & build, flexible and reliable. Your experience, passion, and leadership skills will lay the foundation for Invitae’s continued success.What you'll do:
- Lead the design and implementation of major software components, systems, and features
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve the software systems on the Lab Platform
- Handle individual project priorities and results aligned with the Lab Platform’s roadmap
- Understand customer requirements and translate those into reliable and scalable system designs
- Help level up the team through mentorship and training on design techniques and coding standards
- Raise the technical bar for how we develop complex, scalable, and reliable systems
- Create clarity out of ambiguous and complex problems
- Advocate for engineering excellence and communicate the benefits of standard methodologies to the team
- Deep technical knowledge around web front-end architecture, building reusable components, and working with APIs
- Proven track record to craft and deliver complex and maintainable software systems and features
- Visualize and articulate how engineering system design relates to company outcomes
- Experience balancing operations, maintenance, and new projects in a pragmatic way
- Proven experience working with distributed, highly available systems
- Proficiency in a frontend technical stack from infrastructure to application code. We use React and Typescript to build our micro frontends. The frontends are deployed to Kubernetes on AWS.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills especially across distributed teams
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.