Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack) - Gia at Invitae
Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack) - Gia - Remote/Anywhere in US
Invitae is a healthcare technology company that leverages genetic information to empower doctors and patients to make informed medical decisions. Our software engineers work on a variety of projects ranging from innovations in healthcare systems to taming the chaos of biology. We’re constantly improving our tools and technologies to deliver the highest quality actionable information for patient health. If you want to apply your knowledge and skills to improve the lives of billions of people, join our team.
About our team:
Invitae needs experienced engineers with diverse backgrounds to help us achieve our mission. As part of our team, you’ll help bring genetics to the masses with Gia, our Genetic Information Assistant. Gia is a state of the art chatbot we use to engage patients, collect medical histories, evaluate risk, and educate them about genetics. Gia is revolutionizing the industry because we are eliminating barriers, lowering costs, and expanding access to clinical-grade genetic testing.
What you will do:
- Help define and build new features or applications based on technology and business needs.
- Write structured, tested, readable and maintainable code.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and shared knowledge.
- Lead technical efforts for internal or external customer needs.
- Support your teammates by continuing to learn and grow.
What you should bring:
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience working on cross-functional teams.
- Experience building and supporting production APIs with at least two of these backend stacks:
- Python with Django
- Java/Kotlin with Spring
- Experience building and optimizing modern web applications:
- Familiarity with bundlers, SPAs, PWAs, CDNs, etc.
- Hands on experience with SQL and NoSQL databases. Database tuning and query optimization skills are a big plus.
- Experience with unit testing, integration testing, continuous integration, and deployment.
- Familiarity with container based deployment via Docker, ECS, Kubernetes or similar.
- Familiarity with microservices and distributed systems is a big plus.
- Top notch communication skills. Experience with distributed teams is a plus.
- A mission-oriented mindset and a desire to never stop learning.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.