Senior Software Engineer - Mobile (React-Native)
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With nearly 18 million customers worldwide and over 77 million domain names under management, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
GoDaddy's Mobile Development team is seeking a Senior Software Engineer who is passionate about working in React-Native to create delightful and scalable mobile applications for millions of small business owners around the world.
Do you flourish when working in a highly collaborative, innovative, passionate, and driven atmosphere with like-minded individuals? Are you hungry to grow your career, expand your skillset, and build new experiences as you work toward customer-centered products and releases? If so, then we want to meet you!
Our mission is to enable small businesses to build a website in minutes while on the go. We're looking for a strongly driven software engineer with a mobile application focus to be part of a team that will be building out GoDaddy's next generation GoCentral website builder suite leveraging cutting edge technologies including React Native and strong native patterns in Java and Swift for delivering cross platform experiences and harnessing the latest native technology for providing a differentiated experience on mobile platforms. The development stack spans Mobile Native technologies (React Native, Java, Swift) and Web development along with other current front-end and back-end technologies including ES2015+, SASS, webpack, Node.js, and Cassandra.
This product group is one of the key strategic pillars of GoDaddy, with an important contribution to the company's revenue, customer growth, and innovation. If you are self-driven, positive, and able to amplify the talents of others you will feel at home on our Mobile team.
- Contribute to our mobile application(s) using both native and react-native technologies to deliver compelling user experiences.
- Understand the nuances between mobile platforms and provide advice and mentorship to other developers on handling those nuances.
- Participate in planning, architectural discussion, implementation and maintenance of a mobile application enabling personalized interactions with customers.
- Be accountable for code quality, writing unit, integration, and automation tests.
- Help and advise in the selection of the most appropriate frameworks to use with the product.
- Contribute to Open Source projects related to the tech stack and domain of our products.
- Work collaboratively with a distributed team.
- Perform code reviews to suggest, encourage, and support coding best practices.
- Continuously learn and share new ideas and technical concepts.
- You have a deep understanding of the fundamentals of native development patterns and architecture
- You have experience building and deploying mobile (iOS or Android) applications to app/play stores; Experience using React Native
- You are experienced in debugging mobile applications including native and non-native issues (React Native, services, builds).
- You have been active in the professional development community for at least 4 years.
- Experience with unit testing and TDD principles
- Experience with Git/Github
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience building software using Agile concepts and processes
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at [email protected]
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.