At CCC, it’s all about connectivity we are a provider of innovative cloud, mobile, telematics, hyperscale technologies and services for the automotive, insurance, and collision repair industries. Our solutions and big data insights are delivered through our CCC ONE™ platform, which connects 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, original equipment manufacturers, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. Our platform, carwise.com , provides access to car-related services for millions of consumers. Auto Injury Solutions Inc., also a CCC company, provides casualty solutions to auto insurers for the handling of first and third-party claims. In short, our collective set of solutions make connected car, vehicle, and accident data actionable, informing decision-making, enhancing productivity, and helping customers deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
Job Description Summary
The Senior Software Engineer on the CCC Payments team will be responsible for designing and developing new application software and support. They will analyze, test, and assist with the integration of new applications as well as oversee the documentation of all development activity. They will assist with tracking performance metrics and integrate knowledge of business and functional priorities. This role is a key contributing role in a complex and crucial environment and may lead teams of developers and mentor new team members.
- On time delivery of high-quality software and infrastructure products
- Development, testing, and documentation of software and infrastructure products
- Collaborate with product stakeholders to identify functional and non-functional requirements
- Showcase strong technical expertise and leadership throughout the delivery process and provide guidance with regards to best practices, procedures, and techniques
- Participate in open, frank discussions, especially in technical matters, while giving and accepting feedback and constructive criticism
- Work with Quality Assurance and Product Owner teams to ensure that software products meet functional and non-functional requirements
- Present and defend architectural, design, and technical choices to internal audiences
- Resolve production defects and issues
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Mathematics or related work experience
- 5-8+ years of experience in software development
- Extensive experience in transforming written requirements into working software
- Extensive experience in unit testing principles & methodologies using frameworks like JUnit
- Extensive knowledge in behavioral testing & methodologies using frameworks like Cucumber or Gerkin
- Extensive experience in a pattern-based approach to software design. Strong knowledge of software design patterns
- Experience in all phases of SDLC
- Extensive experience with Java 8 or above, Git, REST web services
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with any of the following:
- NoSQL data stores, Relational DBs, Object stores, cache frameworks
- Docker / Kubernetes, Dropwizard or Restlet
- Apache Kafka
- Experience with microservice architectures
- Experience building and maintaining high capacity and high throughput computing platforms
- A quality-oriented mindset focused on product delivery
- Excellent communication abilities
- A strong capacity and desire to learn
- Experience in resolving production defects and issues
- Extensive experience designing and delivering high quality software in two-week delivery cycles that is ready for production usage
- Experience with Agile/Scrum/Kanban
- Basic working knowledge of Python is desired not required.
- AWS Associate Architect certification is a plus
- Rock solid Java and OOP knowledge
- Extensive experience working with REST based webservice and asynchronous message processing
- Must have excellent communication and intrapersonal skills to facilitate team delivery and interactions with various stakeholders.
- Regularly uses design patterns and knowledge of how to evaluate a use case for appropriateness of a design pattern
- Must be results driven with a proven record of self-learning.
- Payment Card Industry experience a plus