Using our industry-leading game engine, we are crafting a whole new line of products centered on running massively scaled simulations in the cloud. What we build will impact multiple industries such as robotics, autonomous vehicles, and contribute to the advancement of the field of artificial intelligence!
The physics team is responsible not only for maintaining and improving Unity’s physics engine (based on NVIDIA PhysX) for games applications, but also for adapting the physics engine for robotics applications. As a software developer on this highly skilled and motivated team, you will play an integral role in making physics solutions available and usable for the beginner to advanced Unity user. You can expect to work on both in-house code development and middleware integration. Your work will change the way Unity can be used in the worlds of robotics testing and training!
What you’ll be doing
- Develop and maintain physics engine functionality and APIs for both games and robotics
- Design and develop UI and tools for physics simulation workflows
- Participate in setting the new standards in bridging physics and robotics
- Be a champion for the user: insist on the highest quality, and build functional and engaging features and APIs that empower customers to easily build the greatest experiences in robotics simulations and games
- Mentor developers and contribute to the continued professional growth of the team through architecture decisions, design reviews, and peer code reviews
What we’re looking for
- Proven skills in C++
- Understanding of classical mechanics/physics and how it is simulated in games
- Basic linear algebra
- Experience with Unity, Unreal, CryEngine, or any other 3D game engines
- Great communication skills, ability to talk to customers and third-party providers worldwide, across time, culture, and language barriers
You might also have
- Experience with integration and maintenance of physics engines such as PhysX, MuJoCo, or Bullet
- Experience with C#
- Experience with Unity or robotics
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity