Senior Software Engineer, Site Reliability
Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 40,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
Infrastructure Engineering & Cloud Operations (IECO) is transforming into a best-in-class cloud-ready organization optimized for our modern cloud solutions. We’re doubling down on quality and process, and ramping up our automation capabilities, to deliver the highly scalable, reliable, secure and performant platform that will delight our customers.
About the role:
As a Software Engineer focused on Site Reliability within Infrastructure Engineering and Cloud Operations, you will contribute to the development of our solution delivery platforms supporting our web-based applications on the latest cloud technologies within a DevOps culture. We are looking for developers who are passionate about getting things done and engineering with excellence. You will have the opportunity to work on software solutions within our organization that will have a huge impact on our industry and our clients. You will utilize automation technologies and private/public cloud technologies to provide world-class solutions that serve the non-profit industry.
What you'll be doing:
- Drive technical design and validation, while ensuring implementation aligns with our technical strategies and strategic business objectives.
- Build automation leveraging CI/CD processes, automated testing, unit testing, code coverage and other software development best practices.
- Contribute to reusable automation scripts, libraries, services, and tools to increase system and process efficiencies; pursue opportunities to further operational excellence by increasing efficiency and reducing risk, complexity, waste and cost.
- Partner with key stakeholders to establish technical direction and negotiate technical decision points to drive innovative solutions
- Develop architectural designs for applications building something to delight clients while managing costs to deliver these applications.
- Maintaining the overall health, stability, and security of supported systems and environments with current standards
- Partnering across the business to troubleshoot, problem-solve, and deliver stable solutions
- Collaborating through the life-cycle of planning, testing and documenting changes
- Drive incident response with initial focus on restoration of service, followed by a drive to ensure the root cause of problems are identified and resolved permanently.
What we'll want you to have:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience required.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of data structures, algorithms, systems & methods of design
- Experience creating scripts or automation, such as Perl, PowerShell, Python, TCL/TK, Ruby or similar for cloud orchestration required
- Experience building high performance, scalable, robust, 24x7 environments and/or applications a plus
- 3-5 years of experience in the implementation of cloud technologies and an understanding of SAAS, PAAS, and IAAS models preferred (Microsoft Azure)
- Available on a 24x7x365 basis when needed to provide tactical response for production impacting incidents or key customer events
Why you’ll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary (commission/bonus based on type of role), 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K match
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes’ Fast Tech 25 and Fortune’s Change the World List; we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks as well as a new cutting-edge new headquarters completed in 2018
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.