We’re looking for a leader-engineer to drive the modernization of services that are at the foundation of everything we do. You’ll build alignment with partners across every department own the architecture & execution of a strategy that minimizes transition pain and enables us to take our products and services to the next level. Your passion for high quality, performant, and reliable systems will set the tone for the engineering culture of a brand-new group.What you'll be doing
- Setting technical strategy for the modernization of critical infrastructure and services
- Aligning with stakeholders across Unity on best practices around API’s, security, compliance, and reliability
- Driving the design and implementation of identity and enterprise licensing solutions that address our long-term customer needs
- Leading the growth of an engineering culture in a new organization
- Deep knowledge of the complexities and risks associated with large scale, highly reliable services, and the myriad ways to handle them
- The ability to thrive when frequently context switching across multiple stacks
- An obsession with quality outcomes
- A talent for complex API and software design that builds in future growth needs without sacrificing clarity or usability
- Some knowledge of Go, Java, Postgres, GCP, etc
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.